GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newb mk6 owner!

oddHarmonix

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey! New to the forum here and I just upgraded from a MK5 Rabbit 5 spd to a MK6 GTI w/DSG! I'm looking forward to being part of the forum!

This is my second V dub and I've been yearning to get my hands on a GTI for quite a while. Found this GTI recently and went for it. I researched and made my decision based on a lot of info from this forum so thanks everyone. I know the TSI and DSG can be finicky at times, but luckily I'm handy with a tool or two. Just got her 60K service and DSG fluid change done and she runs beautifully!

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forums! I think you're going to love your MK6 DSG. I absolutely love mine. I've owned plenty of cars in my life including a Mustang GT 5.0 and I have to say that none of them were as good or made me excited about driving like my GTI.

-DT

oddHarmonix

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I've had several cars as we'll. Oddly enough I've never been able to get away from FWD. Before I was in the market for this car I kept telling myself it's gonna be RWD or 4wd. But the mk6 just did it for me and I'm loving it :D!

Btw is anyone aware of any regular San Diego VW or GTI meets? I've searched around here and the inter-webs and couldn't find anything up to date.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, nice color. Were the exhaust tips shiny like that when you got it? If they were, that would mean the previous owner probably took good care of the car because usually those are jet black with carbon buildup.

oddHarmonix

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats, nice color. Were the exhaust tips shiny like that when you got it? If they were, that would mean the previous owner probably took good care of the car because usually those are jet black with carbon buildup.

Oh no, they were nasty! I went at them with some chrome polish and some steel wool for pot & pans. It wasn't too hard actually.