GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Why tf is this thread so dead? Derek stop marathon eating cheetos and post some pics of your new racecar or something

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i wish i had news. i'm being lazy with my teardown. but hopefully once it's back up i'll have the 5th injector everyone and their mother recommended so i can get back in the game and dyno.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I'll be doing race car things this weekend with Derek. Street car take over is here in Charlotte. I'll be doing the fwd roll class and drag racing possibly.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Fuck it i'll update.

On revision 2 of my tune. Running 23psi with meth currently. Trying to figure out my issues still, and i'm at a loss. Currently car is spooling terribly, and i'm not sure why. Seeing 23psi at around 5100rpms. Setup is AFI tubular vband manifold, tial .86 vband turbin housing, tial mvs, gtx3071r.

Have boost leak tested it, and it holds pressure on the cold side. My setup is vbanded and while i'm not seeing or feeling leaks, i'm not exactly sure how to tell proof positive. Outside of that it's definitely getting faster.

New tune has NLS and it's made a world of difference in keeping pressure up between 3-4-5. In my defense i have a 5 month old, just moved, and do all the work myself, so i don't care if the car takes 3 more years to finish.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Can't wait for to see those videos

Derek I'm sure will have his go pro, I'll snapchat what I can. (too bad you deleted your snapchat)

Fuck it i'll update.

On revision 2 of my tune. Running 23psi with meth currently. Trying to figure out my issues still, and i'm at a loss. Currently car is spooling terribly, and i'm not sure why. Seeing 23psi at around 5100rpms. Setup is AFI tubular vband manifold, tial .86 vband turbin housing, tial mvs, gtx3071r.

Have boost leak tested it, and it holds pressure on the cold side. My setup is vbanded and while i'm not seeing or feeling leaks, i'm not exactly sure how to tell proof positive. Outside of that it's definitely getting faster.

New tune has NLS and it's made a world of difference in keeping pressure up between 3-4-5. In my defense i have a 5 month old, just moved, and do all the work myself, so i don't care if the car takes 3 more years to finish.
I'm sorry your still having troubles, my daughter just turned 3 and 3 years will fly by before you know it!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever figure out that lambda issue?

no. fuel trims are still turned off. my only assumption is they set it in open loop for whatever reason and either my injectors are different than everyone elses or they just tuned it wrong. i tried having a convo directly with etuners but struggling to get responses quickly. kind of deja vu. i have my 02 gauge installed and it still shows extrememly rich at idle (10.5-11). in boost it didn't show lean (~11.5). regardless, it's running richer than necessary and it won't let me add more boost if it keeps thinking it's running lean.

after tearing this apart i'm thinking about just doing piston rings at the same time since i was planning on doing it this winter. compression and leak down never came back bad but excessive blowby could cause a lot of problems anyway.

Fuck it i'll update.

i still think it's the turbine housing. but hey, i have nls too ...:eek: