GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
just 2 quick questions... is the AirLift (manual kit) from ecs tuning a good starter kit, seems good for the price?? and I also see that some of you guys use the Airlift kit with the Accuair e-level switch, just looking to just go up and down.. nothing crazy just a simple basic setup

Carbon13GTI

Ready to race!
just 2 quick questions... is the AirLift (manual kit) from ecs tuning a good starter kit, seems good for the price?? and I also see that some of you guys use the Airlift kit with the Accuair e-level switch, just looking to just go up and down.. nothing crazy just a simple basic setup

Well they all go up and down. The biggest thing you're gonna hear about choosing your set up is not to be cheap. Air ride isn't gonna be cheap, but do it right. I would honestly stay away from a manual setup. If you're looking for a cheaper, but quality management, you should consider Accuair Switchspeed. e-Level is gonna be your most expensive, but imo, the best and most practical. The benefit to going with Switchspeed is that it easy to use your controller, and eventually when you have more money, you can easily upgrade to e-Level.

Another option that most people go with is V2. What's attractive about V2 is all the options you have, the ability to have presets (just like e-Level), and of course the price. I tend not to suggest V2, but to be fair I have heard good stories about V2 just as much as I've heard bad stories.

Do more research. Don't jump to a decision and decide on a kit based on the cheapest price. Check out sites like: ORT, Bagrides, Underwraps Automotive, Urotuning, and many others.

I currently have Airlift Performance fronts, Airlift Double Bellow rear bags, and e-Level. Love it.

hkl0ve

Ready to race!

I would definitely NOT go with a manual setup at this point in the game with the numerous digital management systems available now. I was in your position not too long ago also looking at manual systems because I just wanted something basic and cheap but looking back I'm very glad I passed on that and went with e-level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEsonny

Ready to race!

Look into the Autopilot V2. Bagriders always runs monthly deals and were quick to respond to my messages when I had questions. They also gave me a discount and free shipping (by emailing them and asking) ;)

I got my stuff within 2 business days - standard ground shipping.

Like someone noted above: don't cheap out on air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
Experiencing my first issue with my airlift performance auto pilot v2 setup. Worked beautifully all day today. Went for dinner with my friend and a couple hours later, on my way back home, I noticed the digital v2 said only 50psi. I was able to raise the car on start to my normal ride height but when pressing my other presets for a higher ride height, I got the "low tank pressure" message.

Luckily I noticed this issue when I was pretty much already home and parked in my driveway.

In the morning I'm going to try starting her up And let the compressors run longer. Maybe I need to change a fuse,. I have a few extra lying around.

Will be checking back here just in case

spiker369

on air, don't care
^did your compressor not turn on after you aired up initially? It's suppose to fill the tank if you air up from zero.

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
^did your compressor not turn on after you aired up initially? It's suppose to fill the tank if you air up from zero.

I remember it not turning on initially. Icant remember if it turned on shortly after though because I was playing loud music :(

I have two compressors btw if that helps at all.

spiker369

on air, don't care
I was going to suggest checking the wiring to the compressors. One of my wires had melted itself. But good thing you got it working!

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Lol ok I'm such a noob. I changed my fuse and she's fine again. Whoops sorry for my noob ness!

What amp fuse blew? im starting to wonder if it was smart to pull the power for my ECU from the same source as the power for my compressors... if my compressors kill the fuse it will also kill the power to my e-Level.

I was going to suggest checking the wiring to the compressors. One of my wires had melted itself. But good thing you got it working!

I remember you posting a pic of the melted wire. did you run 10 gauge to extend the compressors original wiring?

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
What amp fuse blew? im starting to wonder if it was smart to pull the power for my ECU from the same source as the power for my compressors... if my compressors kill the fuse it will also kill the power to my e-Level.

Since I'm not good with words, I'll show you with this picture

^ that one lol

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
Alright guys, I blew another fuse on my v2. That's two this week. This time it blew while I was driving. I looked down to check my pressures and the controller was black. The first time it was ball hot outside when I started my car and this time it was raining.

I recently got a new manifold and controller about a week ago. IDK if that has anything to do with it or what... I currently have that 3A fuse tucked between my battery and the fuse box. would that be a problem? Heat? Electric Fields? lack of ventilation? That's where I kept the fuse since November IIRC (Date of install).

Any thoughts?

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

PM replied.

Andy