GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheels at stock ride height

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Post some pics of your car at stock ride height with aftermarket wheels if you have any. I'm debating about going back to stock suspension as a first step before selling the car and moving to an AWD SUV

JhnR

Banned
WOW THAT GAP!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
it should look fine, esp with your wheels as they are pretty subtle/clean.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:confused: are you trading in anyway, or trying stock suspension first in lieu of getting a new car?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
:confused: are you trading in anyway, or trying stock suspension first in lieu of getting a new car?

Looking into options for trading it in, but yes I'm debating trying stock suspension in lieu of getting rid of it. Between snowy mountain roads on the way skiing and dirt roads, washboard gravel, and cattle grates to get to trail heads a car that can't clear a speed bump without dragging is no longer an acceptable option.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think it would look decent stock. Give it a shot and see.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Why not use stock wheels (detroits) at stock height. I think that would look 200000x better. Aftermarket wheels and a skyscraper height always look god awful.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
If you own a gti you will be fine with stock suspension and aftermarket wheels. It is the golf 2.5 that looks like an Suv with anything bigger than 16" wheels.