GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 07-18-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: intoxicated
Any one dealt with Rotorlab?

EDIT: finally talked to him over the phone just now, he's been taking time off and apparently Im still 11th in the queue , hopefully I get the brakes soon.

Has anyone on here dealt with Rotorlab?

I purchased an 18Z front and rear brake kit from him back in the beginning of June and thought I'd check up on how they're coming along by emailing him last night with a quick "hey how are the brakes I ordered turning out?". No response. Shot him a call and went to voicemail. Left a brief message and my call back number, hopefully i get a response by the end of this week :/

Im aware he isnt running it at "retail" standards, but damn Im pretty bummed at the lack of contact, after I've purchased them. Friends are calling me an idiot for "walking into a scam that easily", but idk I trust the guy and after all, we made the transaction with paypal goods and services so Im not too worried.

Just wondering if anyone has purchased from him and has some feedback concerning Rotorlab, thanks.

Last edited by Yakuzi; 07-18-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Yakuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #2
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Ive never worked with him, but did he tell you a estimated lead time before you ordered?
11th in queue still after a month and half waiting is a bit long imo... he should probably limit his orders to a couple per month if he isnt fully committed to doing them. Just My opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
There are people that have purchased from him on here. It does take some time to get it ordered as it's just him and one other guy building these kits. There's always downsides to good deals.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Ive never worked with him, but did he tell you a estimated lead time before you ordered?
11th in queue still after a month and half waiting is a bit long imo... he should probably limit his orders to a couple per month if he isnt fully committed to doing them. Just My opinion.
Yeah he informed me 7-8 weeks when I ordered them, its been 7 so far and I hadnt gotten a word from him til last night after I tried to reach him. He informed me he has been limiting his queue shortly after me and telling folks to call back in a month or so due to the overwhelming demand. Im going to have to wait , really dont have any other choice.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
There are people that have purchased from him on here. It does take some time to get it ordered as it's just him and one other guy building these kits. There's always downsides to good deals.
Yup hell of a deal. It is what it is though, I;m gonna have to wait it out.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #6
1ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
I have no experience with this guy. Hope it works out for you. One thing to consider is Paypal may not help you since so much time has past. You might want to check with them on that.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
I have no experience with this guy. Hope it works out for you. One thing to consider is Paypal may not help you since so much time has past. You might want to check with them on that.
Thank you, yeah Paypal said I had until November to make a dispute, I have a feeling it wont take that long though.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #8
Verserk-MK6
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG 4 door AB 6 speed GTI
I had my done from them last year. I was 7th in Que and it took 9 Weeks.
I didnt have the best experience with them.
First off: the epoxy paint looks good, but it is soft and not great at protecting and a drop of brake fluid will ruin the paint.
Second: The hardware is not treated correctly and will rust the first time water hits.
Third: After a year the Seals started leaking around 1 of the pistons.

Rob over there informed me if its not broke they do not fix it. So not all seals are fully replaced.
You get what you pay for, but if i was to do it again i would by a proper brake set up.
Verserk-MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verserk-MK6 View Post
Rob over there informed me if its not broke they do not fix it. SO NOT ALL SEALS ARE FULLY REPLACED.
You get what you pay for, but if i was to do it again i would by a proper brake set up.
They aren't replaced?? wow. I'm out.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #10
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verserk-MK6 View Post
I had my done from them last year. I was 7th in Que and it took 9 Weeks.
I didnt have the best experience with them.
First off: the epoxy paint looks good, but it is soft and not great at protecting and a drop of brake fluid will ruin the paint.
Second: The hardware is not treated correctly and will rust the first time water hits.
Third: After a year the Seals started leaking around 1 of the pistons.

Rob over there informed me if its not broke they do not fix it. So not all seals are fully replaced.
Damn, yeah he told me about the paint which I found a bit odd. Im still waiting in the queue, maybe I shouldve shelled out a bit more money and bought something else :/
Old 07-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #11
1ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
If you have second thoughts & are still in the queue maybe it is time to leave the queue?
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:45 PM   #12
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuzi View Post
Damn, yeah he told me about the paint which I found a bit odd. Im still waiting in the queue, maybe I shouldve shelled out a bit more money and bought something else :/
I bought a set from him. He does take a long time. I haven't used mine yet as the car is still under construction so I can't comment on his rebuild but they are easy to rebuild if I have any issues. The weak point is the paint, looks very nice but I don't think it is going to hold up well but we will see.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:52 PM   #13
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
If you have second thoughts & are still in the queue maybe it is time to leave the queue?
Problem is I already paid the guy and probably wouldn't receive all my money back :/.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #14
Yakuzi
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
I bought a set from him. He does take a long time. I haven't used mine yet as the car is still under construction so I can't comment on his rebuild but they are easy to rebuild if I have any issues. The weak point is the paint, looks very nice but I don't think it is going to hold up well but we will see]
How long was the wait for you?