GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Power doesnt = higher top speed.

If you're drag limited, as opposed to gear limited, more power means higher top speed so long as the limiter is removed. I can't imagine stage 2 over stage 1 adds all that much though.

My personal top speed is about 180 mph. I've hit the limiter in the GTI.

MelowGTI

Ready to race!
160 but f23t and not properly tuned on revo stage 3 k04 software. it was scary, seemed like the car shouldnt be going that fast and probably not the best aerodynamically for that speed

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
If you're drag limited, as opposed to gear limited, more power means higher top speed so long as the limiter is removed. I can't imagine stage 2 over stage 1 adds all that much though.

My personal top speed is about 180 mph. I've hit the limiter in the GTI.

how in the world did u get to 180 mph i thought gearing limited us around 140 ish 150 ish? ru big turbo and what else was needed?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
how in the world did u get to 180 mph i thought gearing limited us around 140 ish 150 ish? ru big turbo and what else was needed?

I hit 140-150+ fairly easy on my stage 2 tune, just need a decent stretch of road. Still had some to go too.

GhostGTI1

Banned
130-140 on most pulls. Haven't gone near 180+ yet and doubt i will as it wouldn't feel safe lol sticking to big boy cars for those speeds.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Ive gotten to 130ish (210km/h) scared the whole time only cause they take your car away once your 50km/h above posted speed limits up here. Car was mellow. No shakes just tracked straight. Not bad for stage 1 APR tune on stock suspension

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just did a little bit of quick research.
with a limiter of 7000 on a stock engine with a tune to remove the 6500 limiter .93 6th gear ratio and 3.09 final gear ratio and stock tire diameter of 25.1" the online calculator I used said the top speed is 181.96 mph. So 180 is possible, it's just the absolute limit with a 7k limiter and stock gearing. Built engine that revs out to 8k will get you 207. This is the calculator i'm using, I have no idea if the math behind it is correct, I just found the numbers and plugged them in http://www.csgnetwork.com/speedcalc.html

Edit: Also just found the beetle trans has a 6th gear ratio of .81 making 208 possible on the 7k limiter, do we have any volunteers?

pdan

Ready to race!
I was out data logging this morning and hit 135 pretty easily. I can easily see 150-160, I think the RPMs were somewhere 5200-6000. Not exactly sure, was preoccupied with “The SPEEEEEEED!!! And the NOISE of the SPEEEEEEEED!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Not one who goes for top speed, I really like carving a twisty back road. I've brushed up against 110 a couple of times, but quickly regained my senses. I don't need a huge go to jail ticket. Heck no....

Some crazy numbers be thrown around. I'd think the GTI would hit a wall at some point due to it being shaped like brick. Aero drag would kill ultimate top speed.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I think I went around 110mph max with the GTI stage1. Never went higher since. Just kind of gotten older and driving crazy on public roads/highways doesn't appeal to me as much.

Fastest I've gone was 147mph on my stock SRT4 and I was a yungin.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
106 mph in my Mazda 3 and 88 mph in the gti so far. Not a lot of less traveled roads in the middle of Jersey to test that out, but don’t want any more tickets either.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Not one who goes for top speed, I really like carving a twisty back road. I've brushed up against 110 a couple of times, but quickly regained my senses. I don't need a huge go to jail ticket. Heck no....

Some crazy numbers be thrown around. I'd think the GTI would hit a wall at some point due to it being shaped like brick. Aero drag would kill ultimate top speed.

Total agreement. It's a souped-up version of a cheap car, not the other way around. A mass-market economy hatchback is not shaped for high-speed stability.

clownish

just clowning around
Lol. Acting like any modern car can’t sustain speeds over 100 something is pretty old fashioned. Of course there’s a difference between cars but any modern car is fine.

Last edited:

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Fastest I've been was 150. A little fun against a new Porsche Macan GTS. Maybe had a little more but shut it down coming up on some traffic.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Fastest ive done was when i had a 370z hot on my ass in my friends stage 1 gti. He said send it and had about a good 1-2 mile clear stretch. So droped it a gear or two and went full rip. He could keep up with me till about 120 when he started coming in hot. If there was maybe another half mile before traffic he would have went by no probs. I let off at 130 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk