GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs is250 awd f sport

MK6gti12

So long story short my co worker has a stock automatic Lexus is250 awd f sport. Says my car is slower and that he'd dust me from a roll or a dig.

He is bone stock my mods are: Cobb big intake, apr intercooler, full catless exhaust, new DV, hpa intake manifold, R8 coils, and stage 2 pro tune. Also it's a DSG.

He said he wanted to race for pinks (jokingly) honestly I don't think his fancy corrolla is worth my time what do you guys think? His car should weigh I at 3800lbs and only has 260hp and 230tq at the crank. I should be making well over that at the wheels.

Edit: is250 f sport only has 204hp and 189tq I'd rape it

Last edited:

pdan

Ready to race!
Yeah you’d probably smoke him unless there was something seriously wrong. Power to weight ratio has you way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK6gti12

He joked and said race for pinks. Might just take his car from him if he's not too afraid to go to the track.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
An IS250??? LOL. I'm assuming this is 2014 model year?! If you were bone stock, you would still walk away from him. Even if he owned the RWD 350, it would still be no match for an Mk6 GTI @ Stage 2. The 350 wouldn't even pull away from a bone stock MK6 GTI. Those Lexus' especially the IS line are overpriced Heffalumps.

MK6gti12

An IS250??? LOL. I'm assuming this is 2014 model year?! If you were bone stock, you would still walk away from him. Even if he owned the RWD 350, it would still be no match for an Mk6 GTI @ Stage 2. The 350 wouldn't even pull away from a bone stock MK6 GTI. Those Lexus' especially the IS line are overpriced Heffalumps.

IS350 is faster then a stock GTI it takes at least a stage 1 to beat one and a stage 2 to keep up on the top end.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
IS350 is faster then a stock GTI it takes at least a stage 1 to beat one and a stage 2 to keep up on the top end.

You misunderstand me, I'm not saying a bone stock GTI would win. I'm just saying the IS350 isn't going to be miles ahead of a GTI at the end of a straight. I had the pleasure to be pleasantly surprised by just how slow the IS350 is versus its numbers from Toyota. I don't normally race on the highway, but if conditions are safe I'll give in once in a while. On one of those rare occasions I punched it versus one. I'm not stock, but without a tune, I was able to hang around its rear bumper until we shut down around 100MPH.

Last edited: