GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Basic Settings Calibration via VAGCOM

digital_mystik

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

Just took my car into a shop I usually go to for work and was wondering what the calibration entails. I thought it was a quick VAGCOM deal but they are charging me for the hour.. said that it can take a while and isn't as easy as just checking boxes.

Does that sound right?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Hello,

Just took my car into a shop I usually go to for work and was wondering what the calibration entails. I thought it was a quick VAGCOM deal but they are charging me for the hour.. said that it can take a while and isn't as easy as just checking boxes.

Does that sound right?

Sorry, but that does not sound right. An hour to do a simple DSG re-calibration? sounds like BS. the Vag-com calibration should only take about 5-8 mins if that. and probably another 10 mins to do the "driving" part of the procedure not entirely needed.

here's a link to ross tech page where they have the procedures: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E)

Uberryan

Banned
Takes me 5mins in a driveway. Recalibration is literally go through diagnostic routines in vagcom and resetting stored values. That said, if you're having issues with your DSG, resetting values is a temporary fix.