GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: OEM 18x7.5 Detroit Wheels w/ 225/40r18 Pirelli P-Zero Nero Tires

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
That sounds A hell of a lot more accurate to reflect the value the items hold. :w00t:

So now you're going to buy his items, no questions asked, drive to his place, hand him some cash and walk away with the gear? Right? I mean, you broke his balls good and proper with your criticism of pricing.

You're either the greatest negotiator of all time, or a dick of epic proportions.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
So now you're going to buy his items, no questions asked, drive to his place, hand him some cash and walk away with the gear? Right? I mean, you broke his balls good and proper with your criticism of pricing.

You're either the greatest negotiator of all time, or a dick of epic proportions.

I really didn't mean too, lol. Things just got a little "out of hand".

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Its all good man...In all honesty, its brilliant negotiating. What do you do for a living?

JN_VWMK6

He's a dick of epic proportions.

All that bullshit for $50 below what I said I would not go below.

This is a prime example of why people ask for higher amounts, because as someone here was so kind to point out, you show your bottom and people will offer you just below that. They were bang on the money.

I bet with that crazy financial background you've talked many people down from their bottom prices.

You (dlau9) are no better the the dicks who lowball offers. And you're a fool if you think after all that bullshit I would sell to you at the price you want, let alone if you were willing to pay my highest asking price.

:clap:

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
He's a dick of epic proportions.

All that bullshit for $50 below what I said I would not go below.

This is a prime example of why people ask for higher amounts, because as someone here was so kind to point out, you show your bottom and people will offer you just below that. They were bang on the money.

I bet with that crazy financial background you've talked many people down from their bottom prices.

You (dlau9) are no better the the dicks who lowball offers. And you're a fool if you think after all that bullshit I would sell to you at the price you want, let alone if you were willing to pay my highest asking price.

:clap:

Hold on a minute here. I've never intended to "talk you down" anything. I simply voiced my opinion on your valuation of your assets. I never intended to change your mind or to force you to believe in my valuation methods.

You can take what I said with a grain of salt for all you care, but in the end you aligned your perspective with mine, because of what? I said some stuff to you over the internet?

I apologize to you if you feel cheated or robbed. That was never my intention. If what I said offended you in anyway I am sorry, but it is what it is. Your stuff was initially overvalued from where I am sitting, that is all.

Also, I didn't lie about potentially being interested in the set. I was and still am. I however will wait for things to settle a bit before I make an offer. You can always privately message me if you have anything you want to say in private.

Again, sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused you.

JN_VWMK6

Hold on a minute here. I've never intended to "talk you down" anything. I simply voiced my opinion on your valuation of your assets. I never intended to change your mind or to force you to believe in my valuation methods.

You can take what I said with a grain of salt for all you care, but in the end you aligned your perspective with mine, because of what? I said some stuff to you over the internet?

I apologize to you if you feel cheated or robbed. That was never my intention. If what I said offended you in anyway I am sorry, but it is what it is. Your stuff was initially overvalued from where I am sitting, that is all.

Also, I didn't lie about potentially being interested in the set. I was and still am. I however will wait for things to settle a bit before I make an offer. You can always privately message me if you have anything you want to say in private.

Again, sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused you.

You saw my prices and felt offended. Maybe it's because you've seen other people get taken for a ride. Maybe you felt it a moral obligation to speak up and protect others. I don't know.

I posted the price I felt was reasonable. I read the forum rules and understood (i guess incorrectly) that the people followed them, and would refrain from posting negative comments. If you don't like what's being offered, then either don't say anything at all and let silence speak for itself or if you can't resist commenting say something like "sorry not for me.", but don't launch into this big to do about how I'm way out of line and why. This isn't your thread, nor your sale.

All that said, none of what you said offended me. Your actions and lack of respect for someones sale thread offended me.

Now that this is all out in the air and finalize for public consumption, I will email you privately to carry on this conversation.

For everyone else, thoughs actually interested in making an offer please private message me with an offer. And just to clarify, it doesn't have to be $1,200. That price is there to help you guage what *I* might find a reasonable offer.

Thanks!

You two need to stop.

JN_VWMK6

UPDATED PRICE with Photos

So it appears that while in storage one rim was blemished. Likely from shifting around. Needless to say I've learned my lesson for storing rims and tires.

Anyhow... attached are some photos of the rims and tires I'm selling.

Also here are the updates specs (IN BOLD) of the sale:

Wheels:
Size: 18x7.5 OEM Detroit
Mileage: 3 @ ~3400km, 1 @ 0km
Condition: 2 x Mint, 1 x Excellent (small blemish from storage, I think it could be polished out), 1 x Good (2" curb rash on silver lip. This can likely be machined out given its location)

Tires:
Size: 225/40R18
Brand: Pirelli
Make: OEM PZero Nero Ultra Performance All Season
Condition: 1 @ 11/32nds (new), 1 @ 8/32nds, 2 @ 9/32nd

Asking Price UPDATED: $1000 OBO (Previously listed at $1200 OBO)

Also, I've realized there may be more interest if I'm willing to separate and offer them seperately. That said, I may also consider offers on either or. However I will still only part with them in sets of 4.

I will be putting these tires and rims back on my car until my new rims/tires arrive and I have put them on so anyone who messages with an offer I will give updated measurements/condition information.

Thanks to everyone for there input.

PHOTOS:
ALL 4 TIRES/RIMS

IMG_3167 http://www.flickr.com/people/95800796@N05/ on Flickr

2" Curb Rash on one Rim. Likely able to machine this out given its location.

IMG_3170 http://www.flickr.com/people/95800796@N05/ on Flickr

Rim Face blemish due to storage. Likely able to polish this out.

IMG_3169 http://www.flickr.com/people/95800796@N05/ on Flickr

Used Tire Tread View

IMG_3166 http://www.flickr.com/people/95800796@N05/ on Flickr

New Tire Tread Depth Reference

IMG_3172 http://www.flickr.com/people/95800796@N05/ on Flickr

Used Tire Tread Depth

IMG_3175 http://www.flickr.com/people/95800796@N05/ on Flickr

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you Bino for your support and complete understanding.

Dlau9, I'm not offended at all. And I won't be reporting you for abuse. You make a valid point about "negative" feedback if asking more that what the regular market is asking.

Apparently no one know what OBO means. And apparently in order to cut through all this bs, I need to explain myself.

$1200 is the asking price and is that high because through experience even if I say "no lowballing" people still lowball, and people that are serious about buying will message with a reasonable price, and then ask what and if I might go any lower then what they offered.

Doing this lets me know the potential buyer is serious in his offer and helps not waste my time replying to a bunch of people asking to pick them up for $500 with rims and tires.

Secondly, these tire and rims have 3,000km or 1,864mi. This is basically new. They've never been raced, tracked, and have never seen snow/road salt.

Thirdly, Bino is right when he says that parts up in Canada are expensive;
OEM from Dealer:
Detroits = $511/rim ($2,044/set)
Pirelli Tires = $280/tire ($1,120/set)
Total Pkg. = $3,164

So facing those prices (granted you can get the tires for half that on tire rack), do you still think I was out of line asking $1,200 for rims and tire that have less than 2k mi on them?

These numbers are accurate for dealerships in Canada but everyone knows dealership prices are horrifically inflated. I've been trying to sell my Detroits and Perellis as well (which only have 7 days of driving on them) for $1200 and I'm not having any luck. I actually came on the forum today to see what others are selling them for.

I regret getting them in my package because I knew I was going to change them. I just figured I would hold onto them as I do with most of my stock parts. Regrets. lol