GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP Internals

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Mkay... well that was in fact a good post. But a lot of this was already photographed in the other HPFP official failure thread.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I never saw these pictures before, and I found it very interesting, there was no Centering pin, or anything to keep that follower from rotating on the cam lobes, and with all the failures of Metal in the filter and lines, the only way I can see that getting in the lines is by this device rotating. And even with crappy fuel, gas, or water injested, it shouldn't do that. I can see some metal over the life time (engines and transmissions are always shedding metal thoughout their life span) but a design that actually does nothing to prevent this is kinda mind boggling to me. I'm no engineer, but I'm mechanically inclined and self taught, and My Wife doesn't know much about cars. But My wife even knew what the trouble could be before I explained it after showing her these pictures...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The metal shavings come from premature wear of the roller etc. It isn't exactly a design flaw the filter in theory does a good job of filtering out the impurities.

Like I told you in the other threads. Don't worry about it until 60k, after that sell the car.