GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth cuts out when listening to music

kbrett11

Ready to race!
Title says it. Wether I'm using my music app on my phone or using spotify or Pandora there will sometimes be a random and very brief cutout almost as if it lost connection and regained it immediately. Doesn't happen often but enough for me to notice. Never happens when I'm in a call while using bt. Only music.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
You sure this isn't an app or data plan issue?
Considering no issues with the calls, it would have to be one of those.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kbrett11

Ready to race!
You sure this isn't an app or data plan issue?
Considering no issues with the calls, it would have to be one of those.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Positive. It even happens with my girlfriend's iPhone. I have an android. Happens while streaming or playing music off the phone itself.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
I have the exact same issue. will randomly drop out for a half a second then come back up.

Yeah it's so weird. It doesn't even cut out exactly. It's a really quick loss of sound and fades back in quickly. Almost as if I got a notification or a text and it muted the music. But in this case there is no text cuz I had no friends lol!

kbrett11

Ready to race!
Bump! Still having this issue. No one?

fred_spitfire

Yeah it's so weird. It doesn't even cut out exactly. It's a really quick loss of sound and fades back in quickly. Almost as if I got a notification or a text and it muted the music. But in this case there is no text cuz I had no friends lol!

I have exactly that issue too

kbrett11

Ready to race!
I'll give that a shot, but it doesn't seem to be an issue based on the device that is connected. I've had this issue with multiple phones both Android and iPhone platforms
Next time this happens reboot the device and connect back to Bluetooth

kbrett11

Ready to race!
Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. What's odd too is that it's inconsistent. Some days it happens several times in a 20 minute drive, sometimes not at all.
Same issue. Happens every other day.

zrickety

The Fixer
Never had this problem on my RCD510 but was annoyed it turned off with the car except for phone calls. I have a Kenwood now and it's basically flawless.

Brawn80

Ready to race!
Abbreviated version: Got new phone, fixed problem.

Unabbreviated version: I used to have this issue and it drove me crazy. I was thinking it might be the bluetooth control module under the passenger seat, maybe the head unit, streaming issues when my phone would intermittently connect to Optimum WiFi hotspots as I'm driving along, blah blah blah. Then I finally got a new phone, and BOOM, the problem is gone. My phone at the time was a Moto X 1st gen and it started doing this in its 3rd year. Since upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S7, I haven't had a problem. In the month before getting the new phone, I would use an AUX cable and that seemed to work as well (not that this fixed the BT). Although this was inconvenient with my phone that I normally mount by the A pillar as Navi. Anyway, figured it was worth mentioning to everyone else having this issue.