GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler: Entire Car Part Out

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
Put a used engine in it for 4-5k and sell it for 20or trade in. Wayyyy less headaches than becoming a wrecking yard.

sweetgti

Ready to race!
....The car has 132k km so its 50k out of warranty plus I did my own maintenance. I took extremely good care of my car, did required maintenance every 7500km but because I didn't take it to a VW dealership they tend to not help you out as much.

I fully understand VW had zero legal obligation since i am out of warranty and that is why I'm planning on scrapping the car. I'm in the process of joining the class action law suit against VW as well so maybe at some point down the road I'll come in to some mod money for a future car, even if its only a few bucks lol.

Do you mean you did the maintenance yourself, or you took it to your mechanic? If you took it to a mechanic and you have receipts, VW might help you out. They helped me out with my clutch @ 110 k (10k out of warranty). I've only done the major services at VW (32k, 64k, etc) but kept ALL records of the repairs/maintenance I have done, and sent it all to them, and they have decided to help me out. The SA at 401 Dixie also helped me out a lot!

So all may not be lost yet?

If not, I would like to now more about that intake. (sorry):yikes:

P.S. You're only 32k above your power train warranty. Not that it really matters at this point, but still...

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
Interested in: (depending on shipping/pricing)
Front bumper cover
lower bumper grill
passenger fender
and a few of the components that hold on the headlight/ mounting stuff...

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Do you mean you did the maintenance yourself, or you took it to your mechanic? If you took it to a mechanic and you have receipts, VW might help you out. They helped me out with my clutch @ 110 k (10k out of warranty). I've only done the major services at VW (32k, 64k, etc) but kept ALL records of the repairs/maintenance I have done, and sent it all to them, and they have decided to help me out. The SA at 401 Dixie also helped me out a lot!

So all may not be lost yet?

If not, I would like to now more about that intake. (sorry):yikes:

P.S. You're only 32k above your power train warranty. Not that it really matters at this point, but still...

oh right, well that helps me out a little bit more then.

I did the maintenance myself which may sway their decision. Apparently the dealership is going to try and fight for me so well see what happens.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
oh right, well that helps me out a little bit more then.

I did the maintenance myself which may sway their decision. Apparently the dealership is going to try and fight for me so well see what happens.

That would be nice if the dealership does try to provide some pressure on VW to help you out. I would assume the dealer has seen a few engines that have jumped timing and screwed the owners.

slickkhan

Hey sorry to hear about your car.
I would be interested in the headlights and interior.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

slobodan48

Passed Driver's Ed
A bit off topic, but are you happy with the rsr clutch? My clutch is slipping and Im stuck between the RSR clutch and Southbend stage 2 daily kit.

sal911

interested in tails and headlights aswell as podi guage, sorry to hear about your car man :(

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'll take the broken engine and trany if we can agree on a price.

Last edited:

SHOMI

Ready to race!
Interested in driver side fender.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk