Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Got my osram xenarc headlights finally

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
yeah looking forward to trying to pull off only half my bumper to get the install done

It really wasnt that bad. Whole install took me an hour. The worst part was getting the headlights in. Gotta go at a specific angle to get the tabs in the grooves without the ballast catching on the car. Here is the OSRAM youtube tutorial if you haven't already seen it. I would also suggest finding a way to secure the passenger side wire that goes from the headlight to the fuse panel to the car. I ran mine over the fans and didn't have a way to secure it well and it fell down. Luckily the fuse didn't get caught in the fan but the wire sheath did get worn down to bare wire.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Do you have OEM Xenons?

Just stalked his instagram and yes, he does. When you order those you can specify whether you have stock halogens or xenons. At first it was halogen only but then they figured it out for xenon as well.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Just stalked his instagram and yes, he does. When you order those you can specify whether you have stock halogens or xenons. At first it was halogen only but then they figured it out for xenon as well.

yep, xenons.

hopefully i wont need to untweak any of my vagcomming once i do this - disabled DRLs and stuff. not like i dont keep my laptop for vcds in my car usually.... but still

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Going to do my own carbon cleaning. Got Walnut shell blaster and media and brother has 8gal air compressor. Trying to find the Intake manifold vacuum blaster adapter. Is this it?
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/n54-vacuum-blaster-adapter/81292208037/

Or do i need the mini one or is there another one?

Going to replace intake manifold with revision and use
x4 https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/repair-kit/06j998907d/
when i bring over old injectors to new manifold.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
yep, xenons.

hopefully i wont need to untweak any of my vagcomming once i do this - disabled DRLs and stuff. not like i dont keep my laptop for vcds in my car usually.... but still

I had to modify my coding to get my rear fog to work and now my headlights don't work right. When I release the e-brake, the DRLs come on as they should, but when I turn the euro switch to the middle (parking lights?) the DRLs dont change, they stay bright and the one inner LED doesn't come on. Even when I turn on the actual HIDs the DRLs stay bright and the inner LED stays off. Haven't messed around with it too much but if you have to code for anything other than the headlights they may be a bit finnicky

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I had to modify my coding to get my rear fog to work and now my headlights don't work right. When I release the e-brake, the DRLs come on as they should, but when I turn the euro switch to the middle (parking lights?) the DRLs dont change, they stay bright and the one inner LED doesn't come on. Even when I turn on the actual HIDs the DRLs stay bright and the inner LED stays off. Haven't messed around with it too much but if you have to code for anything other than the headlights they may be a bit finnicky

I think only lighting coding I have done is city lights off and DRL toggle in mfi..