GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR resonator delete?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Just curious if anyone has deleted the resonator on the APR TBE and if so, how does it sound and is there any drone?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Look up scottisha on vortex. He has stage 3 with apr exhaust( cat and resonator delete)

Can prob find some videos on YouTube of his car as well

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
If you want, I'll trade you midpipes. Mine is catted but not resonated.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
If you want, I'll trade you midpipes. Mine is catted but not resonated.

Thanks, but I think the shipping for each of would cxl out any $$$ saving by just having it done by a shop... ;)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Thanks, but I think the shipping for each of would cxl out any $$$ saving by just having it done by a shop... ;)

Find someone local or contact APR. No sense in butchering a lovely piece. :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
That's what I'm going to do, should I opt for this route.

As far as this thread goes......search up FSI K04 GTIs with an APR or regular catted downpipe with a Stock CBE. It should be whereabouts of that sound.

My car with K04 + Stock CBE has an excellent tone.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
As far as this thread goes......search up FSI K04 GTIs with an APR or regular catted downpipe with a Stock CBE. It should be whereabouts of that sound.

My car with K04 + Stock CBE has an excellent tone.

Thanks! Will do.

WinkleDinkle

Passed Driver's Ed
I've done it. I have a stage 2 GTI with all APR stuff. I am very happy with the sound, but yes it does drone a tiny bit. Worth the trade off in my opinion.

I was just not very happy witht the APR catback to begin with. All that money for something you can't even hear and doesn't fit.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I've done it. I have a stage 2 GTI with all APR stuff. I am very happy with the sound, but yes it does drone a tiny bit. Worth the trade off in my opinion.

I was just not very happy witht the APR catback to begin with. All that money for something you can't even hear and doesn't fit.

My friend did in. His R, sounds amazing.

Thanks guys. :cool: