GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What lug nuts do I need with TSW Amaroo?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Hi everyone, I don't have the rims yet, but I should get it by the end of the week and I would like to know if anyone knows what is the lug nuts I need ?

1. Conical or seat bolts ?
2. What is the length of the bolt ? 14 x 1.5 x ?

Thanks you and have a nice day ;)

zrickety

The Fixer
If you get them from a vendor like discounttiredirect, they will include the conical lug bolts. Offset is not typically part of the length, but you should double check how far they thread into the hub. I have the TSW interlagos and the first set of bolts was a little short and only engaged a few threads. I want to say I went to 35mm length but I'd have to pull one to check.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Where have you found the length ?

Finally I ordered the lug bolt on tdotperformance, I asked the last owner and with his measurement, he told me 30mm too.

Stock length is 27mm, but I ran the 30mm's for additional insurance/little extra length for more thread engagement

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Finally on Tdotperformance, they don't have the bolts in stock, so it's a special order and it at take 2 mounts to receive my bolts... So I asked tdot to cancel the order and get refund, I will have to find a Canadian Store where they sell 14 x 1.5 x 30 conical, tomorrow I will ask a local shop if they have bolts in stock. I should have the new rim tomorrow.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
BMW 6 series lugs might fit. Had a buddy of mine run their black lugs on his Gti. Give your local spot a call?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Finally I got the bolt at a shop from Levis called BestBuy auto parts (not the electronic store ^^)

I ordered adjustable rear camber arms to correct the camber before installing the rims and tires.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
What suspension are you running?

Unless you're running air or something, that you need extra camber to tuck, the rear camber is adjustable with the factory bolt

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
What suspension are you running?

Unless you're running air or something, that you need extra camber to tuck, the rear camber is adjustable with the factory bolt

I'm on coilovers 2.50" front, 2.75" rear. The last owner of the rims and tires have a MK6 GTI with the same setup, he had a little camber, but all the tire got camber used (he did a rotation), so I don't want to take chance with the brand new tires. And what bolt are you talking about ?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
And what bolt are you talking about ?

It's eccentric

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Installed the rims today and forgot that I need hub centric rings, I don't know what size I need, do you know what would be a good size for the centric rings, any recommendations ?

Thanks you and have a nice day,
Kind regards.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
TSW's take 72.1mm rings & 57.1mm for your car.
I have a set of 4, brand new, from my old TSW wheels if you want them

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
TSW's take 72.1mm rings & 57.1mm for your car.
I have a set of 4, brand new, from my old TSW wheels if you want them

72.1mm is for the front wheels ? 57.1mm is for the rear ? For the rings, I need them as soon as possible since I travel a lot and I hate that vibration :(

Thanks for the fast reply ;)