GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 boosting issue

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Oh see then it sounds like maybe our ED experience was similar. Socal pnp confirmed that unbolting the actuator bracket will not affect the preload setting.

I will report back Wednesday after I am able to log my new test file.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I am hitting the 23 peak with 18 tapered at redline. I think it can be raised though. Wgdc is at 90% so technically there is more percent that could be used, probably up to 95% to get more boost out at redline.

On one hand I can't believe it was the file, but on the other hand, I am glad it was something easy to fix.

gti925

Passed Driver's Ed

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I am hitting the 23 peak with 18 tapered at redline. I think it can be raised though. Wgdc is at 90% so technically there is more percent that could be used, probably up to 95% to get more boost out at redline.

On one hand I can't believe it was the file, but on the other hand, I am glad it was something easy to fix.

are you on upgraded TOP and CHARGE PIPES?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I did not update this. My latest revision is 23 taper to 20. 96%wgdc at about redline. Got uprated charge and discharge pipes

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I did not update this. My latest revision is 23 taper to 20. 96%wgdc at about redline. Got uprated charge and discharge pipes

thats fuckin solid

im on APR k04 file and I have an aftermarket top and hi torque double worm clamps on my intercooler to top connection but im still hearing and feeling a little leak somewhere im gonna install that boost tap you sold me this weekend and see what im holding.

I havent done the charge side cause with aftermarket IC hoses it bypasses that stupid c clip connection from the factory and I figured that was enough but I suspect thats where my leak is. Im also gonna install a rev D I bought Im on G right now.

FriggenT1

Banned
thats fuckin solid

im on APR k04 file and I have an aftermarket top and hi torque double worm clamps on my intercooler to top connection but im still hearing and feeling a little leak somewhere im gonna install that boost tap you sold me this weekend and see what im holding.

I havent done the charge side cause with aftermarket IC hoses it bypasses that stupid c clip connection from the factory and I figured that was enough but I suspect thats where my leak is. Im also gonna install a rev D I bought Im on G right now.

Is the G torn?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
The apr k04d will do more boost on their file. Different way of making power.
But yeah my setup feels legit

that must be why my stock boost piping lasted about 2 fucking seconds before it yard saled my hoses like a drunken skiier lol

Is the G torn?

i havent popped it out yet but i wanted to change it anyway just for future proofing

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I had a similar issue with my K04- could not get it to produce over 18psi ever.. Checked for leaks- everything.. Finally bought an F23T and was immediately getting 24psi on the GIAC K04 tune. So in my case it was definitely the turbo..

Looking to send it out for a rebuild and P&P in the event my F23T goes tits-up..

Any suggestions where to send it to?

FriggenT1

Banned
I had a similar issue with my K04- could not get it to produce over 18psi ever.. Checked for leaks- everything.. Finally bought an F23T and was immediately getting 24psi on the GIAC K04 tune. So in my case it was definitely the turbo..

Looking to send it out for a rebuild and P&P in the event my F23T goes tits-up..

For p&p most guys use socal porting. I have a friend that does it a bit cheaper though, if you're interested pm me.

FriggenT1

Banned

Also, keep in mind that unless you have an proof that your k04 was bad, it might've been the weak WG spring...which intercooler were you running with it?

The f23 has an 8 psi spring. K04 has 5.5, that will affect overall boost, especially with an efficient IC.