GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Or???

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
With summer coming up soon I need some new tires to go with my new summer wheels. I was going to buy the Michelin Pilot Super Sports because I hear they have the best grip and grip is a serious problem I have with my car now that it's tuned. But a buddy of mine told me those tires wear out extremely fast, and he told me to look into Federal 595 rs-rr tires. These tires are about $100 cheaper each than the Michelins, does anyone know if these are good and worth it? Or if there's is another tire I should be getting that will give good grip and last long?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I got the pss. What made me change up from cheaper options was if they wear fast I could take advantage of their 30k warranty and get a discount on my next set of tires. Provided my wear was even. I rotate every 5k. We'll see. Some other brands offer even better warranties but if u read the fine print even a flat repair will void the warranty which with these it won't.

Edit: also these grip much better I was used to burning out launching and when I got these I thought my launch control broke because I would no longer spin launching from 3k RPM.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the pss. What made me change up from cheaper options was if they wear fast I could take advantage of their 30k warranty and get a discount on my next set of tires. Provided my wear was even. I rotate every 5k. We'll see. Some other brands offer even better warranties but if u read the fine print even a flat repair will void the warranty which with these it won't.

Edit: also these grip much better I was used to burning out launching and when I got these I thought my launch control broke because I would no longer spin launching from 3k RPM.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
How long have you had the pss for?

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I only got 21k miles out of Continental Extreme Contact DW. America's Tire had a $70 rebate on PSS and brought the price to the same as DW's and less than the replacement DW's. PSS have a 30k mile warranty which I thought was worth it. We will see how they feel in comparison and wear.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The new Conti ExtremeContact Sport has a 30k warranty and is supposed to be a rival to the PSS, while being cheaper

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The new Conti ExtremeContact Sport has a 30k warranty and is supposed to be a rival to the PSS, while being cheaper
i wanna try these. Just hoping i can get ~20k out of them.
I love my conti extreme dw summers. but the tread life is PRETTY BAD. I have maybe 12-15k miles and im down to 4/32 and looking at getting new tires.

The only downside is the Conti Xtreme DW are like 122 per tire where as the new conti extremecontact sports are like 170 per tire. I know its not that much but 200 bucks plus the extra certificate price is a bit to swallow at the end of the day its almost like 2 more DW tires.

mlody91

Ready to race!
I'd take a look at the BF Goodrich G-force Comp 2 A/S tires. They're like the Michelin A/S 3+ where they're all-season tires but emphasize more dry/wet traction over winter performance, all the while lasting 40k+ miles and being $50 cheaper per tire.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
i wanna try these. Just hoping i can get ~20k out of them.
I love my conti extreme dw summers. but the tread life is PRETTY BAD. I have maybe 12-15k miles and im down to 4/32 and looking at getting new tires.

The only downside is the Conti Xtreme DW are like 122 per tire where as the new conti extremecontact sports are like 170 per tire. I know its not that much but 200 bucks plus the extra certificate price is a bit to swallow at the end of the day its almost like 2 more DW tires.

extreme contact sport $147 @ tirerack for stock size, I'm about to buy a set.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I've got PSS as well but will be looking at the RE71R's next. The RE71's are supposed to have a little more grip but the tread life isn't great at all. I hear they are a good auto cross tire though.

I may look at other options that have more tread life instead but I haven't needed to cross that bridge just yet.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've got PSS as well but will be looking at the RE71R's next. The RE71's are supposed to have a little more grip but the tread life isn't great at all. I hear they are a good auto cross tire though.

I may look at other options that have more tread life instead but I haven't needed to cross that bridge just yet.

re71r are awesome tires, for a daily I wouldn't recommend them unless you're fine replacing the tires every year.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
re71r are awesome tires, for a daily I wouldn't recommend them unless you're fine replacing the tires every year.

Andddd thats what I'm afraid of lol. I would like a tire that can last at least 2 seasons and not 1. I do have snow tires on my car for about 4/5 months out of the year. Your still saying that the re71r will only last 1 summer, right?