GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on 118TSI in Melbourne!!!

sharka

Hey guys,

This is my 1st post.

I currently have a Toyota Corolla Levin SX Auto 2008 Model, which I am considering on updating in the near future.

I was originally waiting for the new Mark 6 GTI to arrive, however pricing is not out in Australia yet for the car, and im trying to think about getting a more fuel efficient car.

Reading up on the 118TSI, it seems to be the best Golf in Australia. The Diesel does seem to get better economy, but for the price increase I dont think its actually worth it? prove me wrong I suppose?

Anyway, what I was after was:

7 Speed DSG
Sat Nav
Park Assist
Reversing Camera
Sports Pack.
Sun Roof
Media In

Maybe's:

Adaptive Chassis Control

Accessories Needed:

Carpet Floor Mats
Boot Mat Rubber
Bluetooth (I have heard the Aussie Bluetooth is crap? better to import and get VW's Premium Bluetooth Installed?)

does anyone have a rough idea of what Drive Away price I would be looking at?

Or is someone able to post the prices for these? especially the accessories?

And is the Adaptive Chassis Control actually worth it on Melbourne roads? or is it a waste of money considering the Golfs suspension setup as standard?

I would be doing a trade in of the Corolla too. And im just going for the White Golf.

Last edited:

linda1

Get the 2.0 litre 110 bp tdi se diesel.
You'll get 60-70 miles to the gallon !!!!
I paid 16,500 pounds sterling, but I did have a good part exchange price for my old car!!
The engine is big enough to last forever.I wouldn't bother with the 1.6 tdi though- too small for a diesel engine!!don't bother with the adaptive chassis- something else to go wrong.
BUY A TDI DIESEL INSTEAD

Last edited:

bwen1

Are you considering upgrading this year or possibly next year? I have a feeling Australia wont see the MKVI GTI till the start of next year so if you don't need to upgrade yet I suggest waiting for the GTI as it will be a lovely car to drive.

If you're looking for a (more) fuel efficient car than your current Corolla then definitely go for the Diesel.

Sorry I couldn't help you much more but if you want a better help with buying a MKVI Golf check out VW Watercooled if you haven't already: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Or even the GolfMKV.com forums in the Australian section

J400uk

Ready to race!
Get the 2.0 litre 110 bp tdi se diesel.
You'll get 60-70 miles to the gallon !!!!
I paid 16,500 pounds sterling, but I did have a good part exchange price for my old car!!
The engine is big enough to last forever.I wouldn't bother with the 1.6 tdi though- too small for a diesel engine!!don't bother with the adaptive chassis- something else to go wrong.
BUY A TDI DIESEL INSTEAD

With respect, that simply isn't true.

The 1.6 TDI 105 replaced the 2.0 TDI 110, although its 5bhp down it weighs less, has the same torque and is more economical.

Last edited:

VWGTI2

Are you considering upgrading this year or possibly next year? I have a feeling Australia wont see the MKVI GTI till the start of next year so if you don't need to upgrade yet I suggest waiting for the GTI as it will be a lovely car to drive.

If you're looking for a (more) fuel efficient car than your current Corolla then definitely go for the Diesel.

Sorry I couldn't help you much more but if you want a better help with buying a MKVI Golf check out VW Watercooled if you haven't already: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Or even the GolfMKV.com forums in the Australian section

The release date for the GTI in Australia is October 2009