GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune confirmation help!?!?

Mason

I have recently bought a 2011 mk6 Gti and want to know if it's tuned. It has an eurojet downpipe with highflow car, eurojet exhaust, Stage two apr intake, catch can. It spins tires in 2nd gear easily and even 3rd gear too. I tried putting my key in the on position and hold the set button and nothing happened so I'm confused. Maybe it could be a revo one? The reason I need to know I heard that the o2 sensor and converter won't set on stage 2 Tune(which mine are doing right now)so I would want to go back to stock tune for the obd2 inspection in NY no visual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also called apr and they told me I had to go to a dealer to find out if my car is tuned and I don't want to make the long trip if possible. Thank you in advanced.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Keep trying others at APR, they used to be able to confirm if your VIN was in their system or not. did they mean an APR dealer or a VW dealer? a VW dealer can only tell you if its flagged TD1 or not, that's it - not what company is the tuner.

Stromzor

Passed Driver's Ed
Call or contact APR, pay the 150$ fee to change the warranty over to your name then they will tell you! I had to do this with mine!

Stromzor

Passed Driver's Ed
I contacted the main APR office they said to get any info or the warranty I had to change it to my name. They wouldn't even tell me what was done to the car lol

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I contacted the main APR office they said to get any info or the warranty I had to change it to my name. They wouldn't even tell me what was done to the car lol

But they have the Vin number, it's YOUR car, why do you need to pay 150.00 for them to switch a name and address on a computer? What's worse is you just want to know if they tuned it, do people go around to other gtis writing the Vin numbers down so they can call Apr? This isn't the fast and furious where they go around to other garages to see what's on their cars...this is a dumbass Apr tune. Dumb

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
They meant my local apr dealer which is kind of far

A lot of guys are happy with UM tunes and have made the switch. If Apr doesn't want to answer a simple question (that they should already know) I'd go with UM. Very aggressive tune that puts out great stage 2 numbers.

Stromzor

Passed Driver's Ed
But they have the Vin number, it's YOUR car, why do you need to pay 150.00 for them to switch a name and address on a computer? What's worse is you just want to know if they tuned it, do people go around to other gtis writing the Vin numbers down so they can call Apr? This isn't the fast and furious where they go around to other garages to see what's on their cars...this is a dumbass Apr tune. Dumb

I haven't paid anything as of yet. I'm going to contact a local APR place in New Orleans see if they can tell me.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
If your car was tuned at the location your calling then they will tell you yes or no. Otherwise only the original tuning location and APR can tell you if its tuned by them.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
if they said that, then it sounds like it is APR tuned, lol.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Based on mods, probably tuned. Did you not notice all this before buying? Could you also not contact the seller? Or did you buy it from a dealership?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 wouldn't be spinning tires in third though. Unless your tires really suck.