GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
I hit 139.. it's saved as my max speed in my GPS. Then the guy following me the whole time got pulled over because her kept going at that speed.
:lol::laugh::lol:

jaccyn0

I have had my Golf up to 135mph on the way home. I was cruising at 70 & just decided to open it up a little bit. I floored it in 5th gear, the acceleartion was very impressive for the 5 cyl engine. I got up to 135 & then had to slow down for my exit. I really felt like the car could have kept pulling more substantially, I just did not have the room to do it. It felt very stable at that speed. I am used to speeds closer to 200mph on my Ninja ZX-10R, so stability has never really affected me. My Golf is very stock, other than the minor mods I have listed. I even use stock 15" rims & tires. Eventually I may take it to a higher speed, but, this is not my race car. I have other vehicles for that. This is just my commuter. I drive 100 miles a day in it, almost all freeway.

jaccyn0

I have had my Golf up to 135mph on the way home. I was cruising at 70 & just decided to open it up a little bit. I floored it in 5th gear, the acceleartion was very impressive for the 5 cyl engine. I got up to 135 & then had to slow down for my exit. I really felt like the car could have kept pulling more substantially, I just did not have the room to do it. It felt very stable at that speed. I am used to speeds closer to 200mph on my Ninja ZX-10R, so stability has never really affected me. My Golf is very stock, other than the minor mods I have listed. I even use stock 15" rims & tires. Eventually I may take it to a higher speed, but, this is not my race car. I have other vehicles for that. This is just my commuter. I drive 100 miles a day in it, almost all freeway.

The wheels pictured on the vehicle are not on it anymore. They cost me to much fuel economy, almost 11mpg.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
120... Not sure I want to risk testing her limits!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Post your GPS or it didn't happen!

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
110 so far but my car doesn't have 1500 miles on it yet. Honestly I think my RX8 had more pull above 100 than this car. But it's still breaking in.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
110 so far but my car doesn't have 1500 miles on it yet. Honestly I think my RX8 had more pull above 100 than this car. But it's still breaking in.

It's not still breaking in..

My max is only 110, but it was on a regular 40 mph road..I saw no cars so I said fak it. The most fun I've had in my GTI is going full throttle to about 105 on an interstate curving ramp...I'm blanking out on what it's called...this thing up in the air.. :laugh:

BrandNew1

Ready to race!
Stock I did 211km/h, which is about 140mph. Since I've gone stage 1, and then stage 2, I haven't had an opportunity to push it past 200.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
A little over 100 or so. I got snow tires put on very shortly after I got it (rated to only 108 and scary over 90), and didn't get stage 1 until after snow tires (so yeah, I've only driven stage 1 on snow tires).

Can't wait until summer with summer tires! :D

bmallicote

Passed Driver's Ed
the fastest I have had mine is only about 105-110 on the interstate. I got out of it because my wife was freaking out that we would get pulled over by cops. sure enough, If I had kept in it, I would have blown by a cop. I love her. my car that is!! :lol: