GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guy at work has a stage 3 sc g35

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
First off, wrong. Remember, the tsi is rated with 200 to the wheels, which has even been proven to be underrated, and the fsi is not. It makes about 20whp less STOCK. It also has a much better powerband.

Road and track is notorious for slow times. Motortrend tested the mk6 with 5.8 to 60 and 14.5 in the quarter. The fastest I have seen for the mkv is what you posted. And yes, I do think .2 in the quarter could be 2 to three cars. I also raced past 98mph, where the gap would increase. Not to mention the race was from a roll, where the mk6's better powerband will take over.

They are closer than after chip. But the mk6 will win every time.

I'm sorry but this 20whp difference is news to me, all I know is they are both rated at 200 crank hp from the factory if you have evidence of this 20whp difference please post it, who knows I could be wrong but il have to see it.

Secondly I'm sorry but wouldn't a difference in 20whp equate to muuuuuuch more than .2 and 2 mph quicker in the 1/4?

Thirdly you said road and track is notorious for slow times yet in the same sentence you say thats the fastest fsi time you've ever seen?

Fourhly, your posted motor trend time was .3 seconds quicker than road and track 0-60, The quarte mile was only a .1 quicker so I really don't see a huge difference than what road and track posts for the mk6, only on the 0-60.

And finally I'm sorry but if you think .2 in the quarter is 2-3 cars difference, I don't me to be rude but you are naive.

Please post up proof of all your points, who knows maybe I'm wrong but I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Just to get this straight I am in no way claiming an fsi to be faster than a tsi stock for stock or modded, my argument is simply the difference is smaller than you believe it to be (only stock, once modded tsi will blow away the fsi every time due mostly to the greatly superior fueling system) and I just really wanna see evidence to back up your arguments ESPECIALLY where the tsi makes 20whp over the fsi. I mean let's get serious that's an extra 23 hp to the crank why would vw not publish that extra power...

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
Keep in mind too that the tsi motor came out before the mk6, it was used in the MKV for the end of that body style. Fsi was simply 06-08 if I'm not mistaken I think the switch was made mid 08 production year.

Fsiguy

Ready to race!
And I'm done arguing over this none sense, there is no point in beating a dead horse I've proved my points and that's that, if you have proof post it up but I refuse to argue anymore over this none sense of a subject.

JhnR

Banned
wow you fools still arguing - :laugh:

EvoX1

Ready to race!
I dont mean to feed the fire...

But I raced plenty of 350z's and G35's when I was stock. Stock for stock, the GTI is faster than the rev-up motors and the DE. A stock HR 350z motor will pull a stock GTI. I raced a stock 2008 G35 auto when I was stock and I had him by half a car until 100 when he pulled even. With bolt ons, the rev-up motor is about even with a stock GTI.

Basically from my experiences...

DE motor< Stock GTI
Rev-up motor with bolt ons=Stock GTI
HR motor> Stock GTI

Now that I am stage 1, I haven't raced many 350z's or G's. I raced a 2008 350z manual last night with intake and exhaust and had him by about a car length.

i mean to add fuel to the fire

with stage 1 you pulled a car on an hr 350z? Did he give you a head start to a 60-100 race? an hr 350z is more or less even with a full bolt on and tuned mk6 until 110, where it will walk away.

i can believe you beat a de, they trap 97-99 mph, making it a stock vs stock drivers race with the edge to the de. stock mk6 have a maximum trap of 98 mph.

the rev up motors in g35 trap 100-101 given a clear advantage over a stock gti, yet you claim, they need bolt ons to keep up...

a stock hr z can trap up to 108 mph with an average trap of 105-106. a stage 1 mk6 on its best day will trap maybe, not just any maybe, a BIG MAYBE, 102 mph. yet you pulled away from an hr z.

im aware these are your personal experiences and encounters, and i respect that.

BUT

they are odd results...

^^ He left the part out where his 9 year old sister was driving the Z.

I was unaware that the MK6 stock has trapped 98mph. I had always assumed stock it was around 96, Stage 1 would be around 99-100, and Stage 2 around 102-104. I guess I underestimated it a little bit.