GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

Old 03-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
10_white_gti
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2010 gti
Central CT k04 guys

Looking for someone in central CT whoís got a k04 gti that will IG to give me a ride in it lol. My reason why is that Iím on the fence about going from stage two to Ko4. I love the quick spool of my k03 driving around town just wish it didnít fall off after 5k rpms when giving it a rip. Iím just curious how the k04 feels, Iím just worried it will feel like a dog driving around town.
10_white_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
I'm also located in central CT and would like to feel the power of the K04 lol. Looking to take the plunge next year
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Mk6 Steve
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Black GTI coupe DSG
I was in the same boat having never been in a K04 GTI before taking the plunge. I've hurt A LOT of peoples ego's in a short period of time since the k04 install. My buddy has a 15' WRX STI with a built block and big turbo producing 525 hp at the crank. We were neck and neck (in Mexico) from a 40 roll and well up into the triple digits. 3 pulls back to back and he couldn't leave me lol. He also sank ~$20k into engine mods alone. So bottom line there is zero comparison between a k03 vs k04. Just do it!!! Obviously make sure your motor is healthy enough and all maintenance is done first. Btw the power band in a k04 really gets going at 4k rpm vs a k03 at 3k rpm. With a k04 you also have more off boost power than a k03 as well. So there is nothing a k03 is better at than a k04....unless your goal is to do short mini rips down side streets in which a k04 may not get you into boost before you may need to slow down.
APR V3.2, APR K04, Carbonio Stg 1+2 w/ AEM, APR RSC TBE, Do88 Ic, 034 Catch Can Kit (summer), OEM pcv "AH" (winter) AWE S3 top, Neuspeed charge pipe, Rev D, R8 coils w/ NGK 2668, 034 motor/trans mounts, HPA 75A, TyrolSport subframe and brake stiffening kit, Unibrace UB, Hotchkis/APR F+R sway bars, WALK, F+R Centric w/ StopTech Strt, USP SS brake lines, Depo dark cherry tails, ECS Blind Spot Mirrors, Enkei 18x8 black M52 w/ Conti DWS, Soundaktor delete, VCDS Hex-Can, P3 gauge
Mk6 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Oh I like this ^^^

I probably will go K04... was thinking maybe a hybrid turbo or something bigger than k04 but this is my daily driver and I want the reliability to still be there and minimal down time for install.

My last experience with my battery and me being stupid as confirmed that I do not want to push the envelope too hard lol.

I still want to do some cosmetic mods first. I need a new bumper and it looks like the cheapest route would be a golf R bumper. I want tints, fix my hood (small dent) and rear sway bar + Pendulum mount. Plus I should get a nice carbon cleaning before k04.

And I want to do autocross this summer for the first time, so I should really keep the stock turbo in there for now.

With all that being said... more power next season hopefully!
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
Mk6 Steve
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Black GTI coupe DSG
And the looks on peoples faces when they lose to a rabbit LOL....priceless. Yesterday I had this guy in a brand new $50k+ Q50 red sport (non awd) with 400 hp test me from a 90 roll and his facial expression after the ass beating I gave him was awesome! He pulled up with that face of confusion and shock with a thumbs up! Its worth the price of admission for a K04. I still get mini adrenaline rushes from time to time as this car still surprises me 2 months after install.
APR V3.2, APR K04, Carbonio Stg 1+2 w/ AEM, APR RSC TBE, Do88 Ic, 034 Catch Can Kit (summer), OEM pcv "AH" (winter) AWE S3 top, Neuspeed charge pipe, Rev D, R8 coils w/ NGK 2668, 034 motor/trans mounts, HPA 75A, TyrolSport subframe and brake stiffening kit, Unibrace UB, Hotchkis/APR F+R sway bars, WALK, F+R Centric w/ StopTech Strt, USP SS brake lines, Depo dark cherry tails, ECS Blind Spot Mirrors, Enkei 18x8 black M52 w/ Conti DWS, Soundaktor delete, VCDS Hex-Can, P3 gauge
Mk6 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
wmssbr10
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6 Steve View Post
And the looks on peoples faces when they lose to a rabbit LOL....priceless. Yesterday I had this guy in a brand new $50k+ Q50 red sport (non awd) with 400 hp test me from a 90 roll and his facial expression after the ass beating I gave him was awesome! He pulled up with that face of confusion and shock with a thumbs up! Its worth the price of admission for a K04. I still get mini adrenaline rushes from time to time as this car still surprises me 2 months after install.
I totally agree with your last sentence. I haven't had any pulls against anyone since install 2 months ago but the car is blast. Need to merge with traffic or get ahead in 4th? Boom, done. Always smiling. I do find its a little hairy sometimes when I punch it in 4th(DSG) and I have to fight the steering wheel at 90 mph! You must pay attention with the new power. All of this is at max boost of 21#'s as I'm still tuning with Stratified.
wmssbr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
zef
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
My car will be going in for a HPA KO4 + manifold in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted. I live in Wethersfield

zef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #8
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Any of you guys have a VAGCOM and willing to help me out? Just need to read my P0413 code to figure out what exactly is wrong.