GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #8303
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
If I didn't already have a mish-mash of cordless tools, I'd have a Fuel setup for sure.

But I've got a bunch of Ryobi 18v stuff, added a couple Lithium batteries a year or so ago. Have a Snap-On impact with a few extra batteries, and a Matco electric ratchet.

They all work fine... only reason to dump it all for Fuel would be to make the toolbox look pretty.
How's the Ryobi stuff? I have mostly Dewalt and have been pretty happy.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Old 03-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #8304
flying_solo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Touareg TDI, C2S
Dewalt and Bosch fanboi here
Old 03-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #8305
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2000 Saturn SC1
Quote:
If I didn't already have a mish-mash of cordless tools, I'd have a Fuel setup for sure.
But I've got a bunch of Ryobi 18v stuff, added a couple Lithium batteries a year or so ago. Have a Snap-On impact with a few extra batteries, and a Matco electric ratchet.
They all work fine... only reason to dump it all for Fuel would be to make the toolbox look pretty.
Yeah i hear ya, if it works it works...im a noob still building my tool box up . I like ryobi too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
How much was the driver with battery? Going to have a lot of projects around the new house, looking to buy one soon.
10/10 cant recommend enough

Tool $100
Battery $75 (steep but worth it, used on other tools)
Bits ($30?)
Charger ($35)

Give or take^

Not all the tools shown^ thats just tools that work with m18 batteries, m12 the smaller battery has attachments for lightbars and smaller handheld tools.

M18 even has attachments like fan, radio, leaf blower etc

Quote:
Home Depot had a pretty good sale a few weeks ago on a complete set.

I'd watch Depot for sales and packages.
^this
Quote:
i like ryobi but dont have any of their more expensive tools
Old 03-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #8306
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Quote:
Works fine. I've had the components (drill, sawz-all, mini table saw, flashlight, etc.) for 16+ years and they still work great. Bought them because I'd won a Home Depot gift certificate at work not too long after I bought my first house, and HD had this all-inclusive kit on sale and it all fit under my GC amount. Have to say, for it being a "hold my nose and buy it" purchase, it's worked out really well.

Few years ago saw Ryobi started offering Lithium batteries and found a pack of batteries+charger on sale so I bought a few. Wound up upgrading all my batteries to the Lithium ones. Nice that they haven't updated their battery connections so you can merely swap over and keep going.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #8307
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Should have never looked at Milwaukees website after talking about tools here..

Also apparently this is a thing , who knew. Heated jacket using m12 battery.
8 hours run time.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #8308
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
Should have never looked at Milwaukees website after talking about tools here..

Also apparently this is a thing , who knew. Heated jacket using m12 battery.
8 hours run time.
Yeah, the place I used to work for had those. Almost bought one.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
Old 03-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #8309
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Where's the battery go
Old 03-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #8310
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Where's the battery go

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Old 03-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #8311
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Where's the battery go
Quote:
I just spit water all over my desk.
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
Old 03-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #8312
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

in seriousness , back left pocket if you look closely...

but yeah personal preference
Old 03-09-2018, 04:38 AM   #8313
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
5% fee, capped up to $5,000. The BUYER has to pay it on top of the car. The seller only pays $99 to list.
(on BAT)
They have to select your car to list it there though, correct?
They just won't list any car, I thought (?)
Old 03-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #8314
RoyB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2015 Golf
Quote:

For home use, they all work fine. But for construction use, the Fuel line is kicking the shit out of Makita, Dewalt, and Bosch for us. That tells me they are built a lot better. The fuel line specifically, as I am told they are the same components that the corded tools have just in battery form. Dewalts drills are built with plastic gears that strip out after a year of use for us. Bosch aren't much better.

Milwaukee also gives a 5 year warranty on all their battery tools and 2 years on the batteries. Ryobi and Dewalt offer 3 years.

I was always a fan of Makita, but the tools only last about 2 years under heavy use. Same thing with plastic gears and triggers stop working, the hammer mechanism gets tired, etc.

Over the past couple years I have been changing all our tools to Milwaukee and the guys are really happy with them.

As an aside, their line up is amazing for the construction industry. They have battery powered knock out sets, cable cutters, crimpers, etc. All tools that make my guys more efficient in the field which saves me money.

No other single manufacturer currently has the tools they have available which says a lot about their interest in keeping customers happy. I posted a couple weeks ago how I polished the 4R with their battery operated polisher. Variable speed and not having to drag a cord around was amazing. I have their 12V underhood work light (which I haven't used yet) but I have seen them in use and talk about nice. Not needing to find a damn cord and prop up a work light. It's money well spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
(on BAT)
They have to select your car to list it there though, correct?
They just won't list any car, I thought (?)
Correct. They need to approve your vehicle before they will list it.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #8315
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
For home use, they all work fine. But for construction use, the Fuel line is kicking the shit out of Makita, Dewalt, and Bosch for us. That tells me they are built a lot better. The fuel line specifically, as I am told they are the same components that the corded tools have just in battery form. Dewalts drills are built with plastic gears that strip out after a year of use for us. Bosch aren't much better.

Milwaukee also gives a 5 year warranty on all their battery tools and 2 years on the batteries. Ryobi and Dewalt offer 3 years.

I was always a fan of Makita, but the tools only last about 2 years under heavy use. Same thing with plastic gears and triggers stop working, the hammer mechanism gets tired, etc.

Over the past couple years I have been changing all our tools to Milwaukee and the guys are really happy with them.

As an aside, their line up is amazing for the construction industry. They have battery powered knock out sets, cable cutters, crimpers, etc. All tools that make my guys more efficient in the field which saves me money.

No other single manufacturer currently has the tools they have available which says a lot about their interest in keeping customers happy. I posted a couple weeks ago how I polished the 4R with their battery operated polisher. Variable speed and not having to drag a cord around was amazing. I have their 12V underhood work light (which I haven't used yet) but I have seen them in use and talk about nice. Not needing to find a damn cord and prop up a work light. It's money well spent.

Correct. They need to approve your vehicle before they will list it.
I guess I could have been clearer, as I agree with your assessment 100%.

Only reason *I* would dump all my current Ryobi stuff would be to make the toolbox prettier.

If I was a professional and used/depended on these tools day in/day out... Ryobi wouldn't even be in the equation. For weekend use and the occasional home improvement project, my Ryobi stuff has held up quite well.

I'm even seeing a lot of mechanics start to dump their Snap-On battery powered stuff for the Milwaukee Fuel stuff.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #8316
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
I like my RIGID tools

Tags
#assman, #mikerowe2020, 10k or bust, bart is still confused, boosted loves tacos, boosted was here, buttplugs ftw, diabeetus, tuna is a p3nis master