GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I upgrade to LED DRLs?

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I have a 2013 R 4-dr without the navigation package. The only aspect of the nav package that I really wanted was the LED daytime running light strip. Does anyone here know what is involved to install those lights on my car? Would I have to replace the entire headlight assembly AND buy the DRL strip? Once everything was hooked up would it require some VAGCom tweaking as well?

Thanks!

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Hey guys I have a 2013 R 4-dr without the navigation package. The only aspect of the nav package that I really wanted was the LED daytime running light strip. Does anyone here know what is involved to install those lights on my car? Would I have to replace the entire headlight assembly AND buy the DRL strip? Once everything was hooked up would it require some VAGCom tweaking as well?

Thanks!

Pretty sure every us mk6 r comes with led drl strip.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
wait, you have an R without LED DRLS!? Is that even possible? What does your front end look like? Maybe someone swapped in a Golf bumper.. if that is the case, you need to go bitch slap your sales guy.

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys I might have just created the stupidest thread of all time, I apologize for wasting precious seconds of your lives.

For some reason I did not recall seeing them on my car when I bought it, and then eventually thought that they didn't come on the base model R. I literally have not even investigated it since then and the thought just popped in my head to see if a conversion could be done. DOH!

I'll double check after work and confirm that I have them, and then delete the thread tonight.

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, my problem is that I was confusing our LED DRL's for the newer GTI Autobahn edition LED's. The layout of the latter have that Audi look to them.

Sorry for the confusion

jikhead

Ready to race!
It sounds like you want two sets of LED DRL's? You already have the ones that come on the R, which are in the bumper. You also want the ones that are in the headlamp assembly like on the GTI's correct? If so, I believe you're going to need to replace the whole assembly. Not sure it would be worth it; you might lose the adaptive front light function. Actually, those are still on the GTI's xenon headlamps. So you could buy the GTI's headlamps, but those are going to be expensive. I bet they're $3000 minimum for a set.

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info. Yeah thats exactly what I was wondering. I figured it would be expensive.... probably just stick with the stock setup

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2