GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electric Cutoff - Trunk Wiring

AG3NT WH1T3

I bought an electric cut off for my exhaust since I didn't want to just do a resonator delete.. I can't commit and want both quiet stock sound and louder tuner sound at the touch of a button.. Anyone know if I can run the wire from the under-body to the inside of the car's trunk area? I don't want to have to drill but there should be some caps in case the car gets flooded I would think.. I'm plugging it in to the 12v cigarette lighter in the trunk since it's operated by remote.. Any input helps!

kaptaink

Ready to race!
If you are looking for grommets to pass the wire through. ....... there are several in the back of the car. There should be at least three under the spare tire, one just left of center of the hatch lock under the plastic trim and one in the rh corner of the car under the carpet in the floor.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
If you take off the bumper there should be a plug that goes from the back into the spare tire compartment. If you look at the DIY RVC thread someone posted recently you can see that plug.

AG3NT WH1T3

If you are looking for grommets to pass the wire through. ....... there are several in the back of the car. There should be at least three under the spare tire, one just left of center of the hatch lock under the plastic trim and one in the rh corner of the car under the carpet in the floor.

Thanks! I saw them when i removed the spare tire and I wanted to make sure. I will see how/where i can access them from underneath the car, hopefully it won't be too bad.

mobilecooltech

Ready to race!
Thanks! I saw them when i removed the spare tire and I wanted to make sure. I will see how/where i can access them from underneath the car, hopefully it won't be too bad.

I am doing the same. Today I just removed the spare tire and I see the grommets, but I don't know how to remove one of them do we drill a hole into it or something?:iono:
When you get this done mind sharing how you routed the wires? Thanks :D

mobilecooltech

Ready to race!
I already had holes drilled in the back seat for a firearm safe, so I ran it through the back to the boots 12v. hid the wire so it cannot be seen. Probably going to hardwire very soon.

Curious, where did you mount your cutout? Raceland?

I just opened one of the grommets under the spare and fed the wire through it and plugged the 12v socket to the rear socket. I cut part of the down pipe after the 2 sensors and welded my raceland electric cutout with the motor on the passenger side of my GTI. Its been working flawlessly for a week already. Vroomvroom! :happyanim:

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
Oh you're local. I definitely want to hear yours in person!! I've been on the fence with a cutout!