GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So, my car died at a stop light today. Tried restarting and it just cranked. Nothing. Pushed it to the side of the road. My initial thought was LPFP. Hooked up VCDS, it won't communicate with any of the controllers? Thoughts?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
So, my car died at a stop light today. Tried restarting and it just cranked. Nothing. Pushed it to the side of the road. My initial thought was LPFP. Hooked up VCDS, it won't communicate with any of the controllers? Thoughts?

That definitely sounds like the LPFP. You are running the DW without a different controller aren't you??

Side note, update on my shit. Car runs awesome, oil pressure is where it's supposed to be, front end is back on, etc. Literally all good (knock on wood), been driving it since Saturday. Finally filled the meth tank back up today, flashed the high timing file, and turned the boost from 21 to 28-29. HOLY FUCK is this thing fast. I guess I forgot!

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
That definitely sounds like the LPFP. You are running the DW without a different controller aren't you??

Side note, update on my shit. Car runs awesome, oil pressure is where it's supposed to be, front end is back on, etc. Literally all good (knock on wood), been driving it since Saturday. Finally filled the meth tank back up today, flashed the high timing file, and turned the boost from 21 to 28-29. HOLY FUCK is this thing fast. I guess I forgot!

Yeah I've got the torqbyte pm3 controller with the Deatchewerks pump. It was the ground wire to the controller. It wasn't fully seated in the connector. Literally fell right out when I was jiggling things around looking for issues.

Congrats on your car!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I've got the torqbyte pm3 controller with the Deatchewerks pump. It was the ground wire to the controller. It wasn't fully seated in the connector. Literally fell right out when I was jiggling things around looking for issues.

Congrats on your car!

Glad it was a quick fix! And thanks! I'm pumped.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Andre made EC!

A3-Owner

Ready to race!

Congrats on your car!
I read this a few days ago and was happy for the easy fix. I was loading something into the back of my car. I had removed the spare tire and foam and I had the ground wire exposed to the PM3 and this object snagged the ground wire and pulled it out. I didn't see it and tried to start my car and it would not fire up. I sat there for a second thinking and your issue jumped into my mind. Checked my ground wire and saw it loose. Quick fix and the car fired right up.