GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shattered Mirror Blinker

MaxiMkII

Backing into a spot I got a liiiiiiittle too close to the wall, by a matter of millimeters lol. So my blinker hit and shattered only the plastic housing for the led. Nothing else got damaged. I wanna know if I can simply replace the clear housing or do I have to replace the whole blinker assembly. The only part number I got for this was 5K0949102.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
I Think its the full assembly.
That being said I only guessed this because I had to remove my mirror to replace my door and don't recall there being a way to take off the cover.
This was also a few years back..

Backing into a spot I got a liiiiiiittle too close to the wall, by a matter of millimeters lol. So my blinker hit and shattered only the plastic housing for the led. Nothing else got damaged. I wanna know if I can simply replace the clear housing or do I have to replace the whole blinker assembly. The only part number I got for this was 5K0949102.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I use this link to look up Used Car Parts for my many projects. It works in Canada and US, I'll post it as well on the on the Main Area of the Forum.
http://www.car-part.com/

You maybe able to find a used side mirror to scavenge the light lens.

Good Luck!

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Not a hard part to source and not terribly expensive, so that's a plus. Sucks but it could have been worse. At least you didn't jack the paint up much so replace the blinker assembly and it will be pretty good to go. For this stuff ebay is a pretty good source as well. I've sourced all kinds of parts on ebay and never had a problem. Just make sure it's not from china. And of course if it's too cheap to be true it's a knock off.

www.ebay.com/p/13-14-15-Volkswagen-...Side-Mirror-Back-Cover-Turn-Signal/1031058275

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Not a hard part to source and not terribly expensive, so that's a plus. Sucks but it could have been worse. At least you didn't jack the paint up much so replace the blinker assembly and it will be pretty good to go. For this stuff ebay is a pretty good source as well. I've sourced all kinds of parts on ebay and never had a problem. Just make sure it's not from china. And of ciurse if it's too cheap to be true it's a knock off.

www.ebay.com/p/13-14-15-Volkswagen-...Side-Mirror-Back-Cover-Turn-Signal/1031058275
:w00t: They sell the lens by itself.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I have a spare set off mine ill look when i get home. I upgraded to the sequential and puddle lamps.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Ya but looks like the housing where it meets the bottom of the lense is cracked pretty bad too. For 20 bucks more you might as well fix as much of the damage as possible sinse you gotta take it apart anyway. I'd shell out the $55 for the lense and bottom assembly.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/mirror-turn-signal-indicator/5k0949102/

Use ECS to get part #'s and find it on the internet for cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-Passenger-Mirror-Surround-5K0-949-102/dp/B009PXB5U2

What I do every time.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Ill post pics of my old ones when i get off work tonight. Id sell them to ya for not that much. Basically shipping plus a tad more.

Also selling oem mirror glass thats heated have to double check the condition of them. (Upgraded to the heated blindspot mirrors)

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Forgive me they are slightly dirty but i just wiped them down real quick with a screen cleaner.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Also the oem blinker bit is only sold with the black bit. Mine look like they are plasti welded together once the leds are put in place.