GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket GTI exhaust

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone here running an aftermarket GTI exhaust? I'm running the OE GTI exhaust right now but it could definitely be woken up some more. Possibly thinking resonator delete if that would bring out a little more noise but not truely obnoxious levels.

TIA for any input.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone here running an aftermarket GTI exhaust? I'm running the OE GTI exhaust right now but it could definitely be woken up some more. Possibly thinking resonator delete if that would bring out a little more noise but not truely obnoxious levels.

TIA for any input.
When you say resonator refering to the small resonator at the very front or the muffler/resonator in the middle?

Just a couple suggestion:
Prolly get more info doing a search in this section on Resonator delete.

Lots of guys on here looking for the original GTI Exhaust so if you want something louder why not sell it.

Cheers

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
Issue with this is, the gti exhaust already does one "resonator delete", because the gti exhaust only contains one reseonator. I was wondering if anyone has done the oe GTI with just the muffler (no res) or if someone has input on an aftermarket GTI exhaust. I like the dual tip on the sides look better so the plan would be to stick with a GTI exhaust.

Mercy

resonator delete

I've done the resonator delete with the muffler on and it definitely gives it an extra growl, though it's only noticeable when you're on it. Didn't get any drone on freeway speeds. IMO I think it's the best bang for your buck if you're looking to have a deeper exhaust note.

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
I already have the manifold ;) check the sig