GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shadow Blue Paint

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know a place where I can get around a quart online for a good price and good color matching? I have a paint guy who is doing my lower front grill and Ed's R20 side skirts for $120 all I have to do is supply the paint. He already has the clear coat available.

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
Im not sure this this applies to you.. But here in Canada NAPA auto parts mixes paint in cans and spray.

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
You have a "paint guy", who you trust to do anything related to your car, but isn't able to get base-coat of your car's color?

You do not have a paint guy. You have a dude. A dude willing to take your money. I would recommend you look for an actual paint guy.

99bajakid

Ready to race!
You have a "paint guy", who you trust to do anything related to your car, but isn't able to get base-coat of your car's color?

You do not have a paint guy. You have a dude. A dude willing to take your money. I would recommend you look for an actual paint guy.

^ This

When I painted body panels/kits for a side job all customers would do is drop off their vehicle, and tell me what they wanted done. Fiberglass needs some work for it to look as flat as metal, so i would block sand/fill the low points for them at an extra fee, if they just wanted me to fit it with body color match then I would just prep the glass and shoot it. I didn't require the customer to provide paint.. sheesh. I just let them know of the difference in qualities of paint.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion

Actually I do have a paint guy but he is unable to get it from where he normally does because he works at Brandon VW and is only off on the weekends, when the paint place is closed. Anyways to update the thread will have my lower valence and R side skirts installed Sunday after my paint guy finishes them. Also, he just got done painting my friends R body kit and hey what do you know its a perfect match...no imperfections. Here is the website to order paint for our cars with perfect matches...Automotivetouchup.com 2 day shipping as well.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
will post pics when completed also will upload my buddy who just got his r body kit done in the same paint...well CSG but from the same place... I Heart Haters :)

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion

dusty waiting to get put on tomorrow more pics to come!!!

MuttGrunt

Ready to race!
Color looks pretty bright and vibrant. Hopefully the match turns out pretty good to the body. Bottom pic looks like there might be a little excessive orange peel, but it's hard to tell because both pics are in direct bright light. Even if so, you can likely knock it down quite a bit with something as easy as 3,000 grit if it ends up bothering you.

I'm surprised how many people don't like the grill piece color matched. Every one I've seen with it done I think looks more complete and clean.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
yea man I love how it looks but like you said the color is in direct light I will take some pics tomorrow when I install not so close up lol...also gonna have my buddy paint my side markers and reflectors :)