GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage II inconsistencies and annoyances - Stage 1 'honeymoon' feeling is back!

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Compared to other turbo cars, yes, but I find that the transient response between 2000-2700 RPM can be pretty bad at times (mostly when it's hotter out). Especially when transitioning from closed throttle in 3rd or 4th gear and trying to make a sudden move in traffic, the power can be unpredictable in this range. I find myself flooring it, waiting until I get the boost/power I need, then modulating the throttle from there, but it seems like sometimes it's as much as 1.5 seconds before it wakes up in this range, and results in a surgey feeling.

Low peak torque point, yes, but the time delay to reach peak torque at 2000 RPM is pretty disrupting. That said, above 2700 RPM, the car is significantly more responsive. But sometimes I don't have time/don't want to downshift, especially from 3rd gear, because going down to 2nd is overkill most of the time.

It makes me wish we could disable the intake tumbler flaps once the car is started and warmed up. There must be some delay for when the ECU asks for the flaps to be retracted, that should contribute to the lag.

I know what you mean. Especially in gears 3-6. Gears 1 and 2, power is on tap, if not a slight hesitation before it gets going. At least I can say, I've been wanting to make that lane change and gave it the beans and no balls for a good second or two. hmph...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
good lord, buy another car then....

99bajakid

Ready to race!
Try living in Arizona when summer temps can get up to 120 and when the monsoons come 90-100% humidity (sometimes), then during the winter 0-5% humidity and day time highs of 65 and lows of 20. Makes one manic about owning a turbo'd car. I absolutely love my car in the winter, and enjoy it in the summer.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Who drives with traction on anyway? The only time I had it on with my 135 was in the rain and that's RWD. Different animal.

Start car, seat belt on, traction off, e-brake off, go.....that's my routine

^^^ Yes, I left the traction control on this winter when there was 8" of snow on the ground. Tgen promptly turned it off in the store parking lot for reverse donuts. :thumbup::thumbup:

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Especially when transitioning from closed throttle in 3rd or 4th gear and trying to make a sudden move in traffic, the power can be unpredictable in this range. I find myself flooring it, waiting until I get the boost/power I need, then modulating the throttle from there, but it seems like sometimes it's as much as 1.5 seconds before it wakes up in this range, and results in a surgey feeling.

It's called a downshift. We have a 2 liter engine making almost 300 horsepower. Gotta rev that shit.