GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R base price $36595 in US

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
It's decently priced, but then again, S3 isn't too far away. Problem with that is equipping an S3 will get very pricey.

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
the wagon R isn't a for sure thing though in the states. and I think I would have to get the hatch though.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Hm...just checked VW website and it shows 39K. Looks like they only show the one with DCC and Nav. Wonder why!

rp_no

If DCC works as it's supposed to, that is a major upgrade that I don't think any of us were expecting. They don't even offer it on Audi S3/S4 in this country.

i have a one week test drive of a passat cc (VR6 3.0 DSG) equipped with DCC, id like to say, it's still too soft for sporty drive. if your expecting that in different modes the car changes its character, i'd say....not that much, but enough to feel. The comfort mode will get rid of the fine vibration, which could be felt in sport mode. the only problem is that even in sport mode, the damper is not enough and the car still swings after steering.

my friends put some comments on DCC, if you have a DCC, it's great and just enjoy it, if you dont have a DCC, its also great, just to directly for a aftermarket suspension, like coilovers, they have much better performance.

rp_no

If DCC works as it's supposed to, that is a major upgrade that I don't think any of us were expecting. They don't even offer it on Audi S3/S4 in this country.

forgot, much ealier before that, a 3.6 4motion cc owner demonstrated the DCC for me, and at that time, i didnt feel differences between comfort and sport, on regular road. and he showed me .....when you hit a bump, the rebound then indeed told you the difference.

but i have no ideal how a DCC works on a golf....so im just saying...:laugh: i guess the shock absorber is much stiffer than those on a cc.

Bighead1

Ready to race!
I'll wait a few years before I upgrade. Can't see if the next Gen coming out after this one can be a lot better.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Mk8 line is already in progress... Mk7 is great but I don't know if I'd go with an R over an S3...