GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If dealership damage your car while in service...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I now have less faith in services like Carfax...

honda2vw

Ready to race!
Lash VW phucked up my front bumper and denied it.

I fought with the GM over it and the eventually agreed to take blame.

I declined because they wanted to take my care over to a chitty body shop. They literally have 1/5 reviews all over the web. Another member on here actually had the same misfortune and the body shop ruined his car.

I still look at the bumper defect and my OCD goes wild.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Lash VW phucked up my front bumper and denied it.

I fought with the GM over it and the eventually agreed to take blame.

I declined because they wanted to take my care over to a chitty body shop. They literally have 1/5 reviews all over the web. Another member on here actually had the same misfortune and the body shop ruined his car.

I still look at the bumper defect and my OCD goes wild.

So what came out in the end? You decide to leave it the way it is? My paintless dent repair guy was able to fix it back to 95%, but every time I look at it carefully, the imperfection drives me nuts. Especially when it's done by somebody else.

Here's a picture of the damage.

honda2vw

Ready to race!
So what came out in the end? You decide to leave it the way it is? My paintless dent repair guy was able to fix it back to 95%, but every time I look at it carefully, the imperfection drives me nuts. Especially when it's done by somebody else.

I left the car as-is with the covenant that when i sell my car they will not dock me for the damage.

I plan on trading in the car for a Golf R anyways.

illDub6

Ready to race!
what dealership

JT641

Banned
Be glad there honest and agreed to fix, The dealer I "was" taking my car to for repairs/service damaged the outside bolster of my drivers seat and refused to accept the fact they had damaged it.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion

Here's a picture of the damage.

wtf is that the before picture? that looks like shit

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
I was at my local dealership in the shop talking to a friend who is a tech. I saw another tech backing a brand new car off of the lift and tried to stop him, but he ran over the exhaust from a customers car. The new car had a bunch of scratches on the rear bumper and the exhaust was trashed. They sent it to the body shop across the street to repair it and it'll probably never be disclosed to the buyer. I was told my one of the techs that damage happens all of the time and they never report it.