GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR downpipe worth it

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The downpipe is $750 and the stage 2 upgrade is free with purchase of the downpipe. I got it from Modded Euros with free shipping.

The OP must have to pay for shipping to Canada?? Maybe thats why its $1k?

I know it's still a lot of $$ for a downpipe, I've just had bad luck with cheap exhausts, others have not.

yeah i feel ya. Luckily im in a tropical climate.. so its not bad for the "cheaper" exhaust no snow or salt on roads... Maybe a slight bit of salt in the air but nothing like the hundreds of tones they dump on the roads up north.

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
Other tuners charge to go from stage 1 to stage 2 as well, but I am not sure it is worth the price differential on the APR unit (though the APR DP looks really nice).

oldtype2

Ready to race!
yeah i feel ya. Luckily im in a tropical climate.. so its not bad for the "cheaper" exhaust no snow or salt on roads... Maybe a slight bit of salt in the air but nothing like the hundreds of tones they dump on the roads up north.

It's bad, salt turns the snow to slush and packs into every crevice.

When the downpipe gets here I can post some photos. I just hope the install goes well, the car has 54k miles and the stock downpipe has never been removed. I think I'll need lots of PB blaster.

clownish

just clowning around
It's bad, salt turns the snow to slush and packs into every crevice.

When the downpipe gets here I can post some photos. I just hope the install goes well, the car has 54k miles and the stock downpipe has never been removed. I think I'll need lots of PB blaster.

Ive never once regretted getting a full APR branded Corsa turboback - 77k mi later and it still is in great condition w/ 3 years of daily driving and salt and slush etc. Sounds good, tips look good, flex section still okay. I think it was a great purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I've been wanting to go stage 2 but not pay full price for the apr downpipe. Being cbfa, it's hard to find one used lol. I want it for the quality but hate the price, I can save hundreds going with a different brand even with the 150 break on pricing for the tune. ugh

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
The downpipe is $750 and the stage 2 upgrade is free with purchase of the downpipe. I got it from Modded Euros with free shipping.

The OP must have to pay for shipping to Canada?? Maybe thats why its $1k?

I know it's still a lot of $$ for a downpipe, I've just had bad luck with cheap exhausts, others have not.

We have local APR Dealers that have it in stock so no shipping. Our dollar has just been crap this past year :p.

$1 USD ~ $1.35 CAD

it used to be 1 to 1 few years ago.

So the downpipe is $750 USD * 1.35/1.4 = $1000+

But yeah, that was my main concern is the weather here. We have a LOT of salt in the wintertime as I am sure you too hence I am leaning towards APR. But cheapest I've found so far is $1075 CAD.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Ive never once regretted getting a full APR branded Corsa turboback - 77k mi later and it still is in great condition w/ 3 years of daily driving and salt and slush etc. Sounds good, tips look good, flex section still okay. I think it was a great purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, good to know.

From their Facebook page it looks like APR might be working on a new catback for the Mk6 or Mk7.

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

rahulchawla

Well, what do you guys think about the APR intercooler, I'm eventually going to go bigger turbo and that'll be a neccessity

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Well, what do you guys think about the APR intercooler, I'm eventually going to go bigger turbo and that'll be a neccessity

How big? K04 or Stage 3?

If it's K04 you can get away with a Golf R or S3 intercooler instead. They are usually much cheaper