GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slower when warmed up?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
is your secondary air filter attached well?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I put a filter on it when I did the intake install, if that's what you mean. I never really knew where the SAI piped TO.

nevermind that idea.... thinking more, IIRC the SAI helps pull air from the bay to push out exhaust "more efficiently" to control emissions during startup... not during driving...

mattpowers

Passed Driver's Ed
if you're hitting 17-18 psi boost i don't think it's a boost leak after all, that sounds about right for stage 1 APR.

So I just found out that the car IS running stage 2 tune, although possibly an older revision. Does this bring us back to the boost-leak idea? What PSI should APR stage 2 be? Only mods are that DP, intake, and DV+.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So I just found out that the car IS running stage 2 tune, although possibly an older revision. Does this bring us back to the boost-leak idea? What PSI should APR stage 2 be? Only mods are that DP, intake, and DV+.

depends on the revsion but the ranges is about right for stage 2. could be a small leak but hard to say without taking the time to chase it.

have you done a coolant flush lately? really grasping at straws here....

mattpowers

Passed Driver's Ed
Welp, got it checked out at the dealership, and after an extremely thorough assessment, word is there's nothing wrong. The exhaust sound is normal DSG diverter valve stuff, and the lag in boost is heatsoak.... Upgraded intercooler is in the mail... Thanks for chasing this with me guys! It was pretty great confirmation, however, to have two VW techs say they couldn't find anything out of order, after 2 hours driving and running the scan tool.