GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Looking to get back onto the track. Just need to find an event that gives me an excuse to buy a new set of wheels and tires. Otherwise the car is ready to go.

Texas has track weather all year iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Texas has track weather all year iirc.

Aye. Still it looks like NASA is done for the year. Before just now I didn’t think to see if Chin was running anything nearby.

I’ll probably do a hill country run and roast what’s left of the tires that are on the car right now. That’ll force the purchase and save me a couple hundred on tire pressure sensors.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to hit the drag strip a lot till I totaled my car last month. Best 1/4 was 12.0 seconds. If anyone is interested in drag racing I have two pairs of front wheels/tires I need rid of.

2x Hoosier DR2. 225 50 16. On Ruffino 16x8 rims. Used. Lots of burnouts left on them.
$400

2x Bogart D10. 15x8.25. Custom made for GTI. Mk5, 6, 7, non power pack. Extremely light. Amazing drag wheels wrapped in M&H Racemaster 24.5x8.5x15 Slicks. Used once ��. Rims were 1300, tires 700. Will separate.
$1200

Canadian $

zef

Drag Racing Champion
What are you guys running for front camber at the track? Deciding if I really want to commit to camber plates or not

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

My new track tires are in. Giving falken rt615k+ a shot. These are my first 200TW tire. Was going to get Hankook RS-4 based on Jay’s review of the rs-3 but they’re all sold out for the season. I’m going from Michelin super sport 235 to falken 225/40/18 in hopes that it stops my rubbing problem. If not will have to look into raising my ride height or perhaps rolling the fenders? I was told only the fronts can be rolled/pulled.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

My new track tires are in. Giving falken rt615k+ a shot. These are my first 200TW tire. Was going to get Hankook RS-4 based on Jay’s review of the rs-3 but they’re all sold out for the season. I’m going from Michelin super sport 235 to falken 225/40/18 in hopes that it stops my rubbing problem. If not will have to look into raising my ride height or perhaps rolling the fenders? I was told only the fronts can be rolled/pulled.

I’ve had those on my car for 2 summers. Really nice tires!! They’re about as big as 235’s though. lol

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion

I'm definitely interested in hearing how you like them. I'm considering them when my current Yokohama AD08Rs wear out next year. I'd love to stay with the Yokos, but they're too damn expensive for me. The Falken seem more reasonably priced, so I'm curious how they compare. Let us know after a few track days. :)

One thing I will say about the Yokos, they wear very well at the track. I will get nearly 2 seasons out of them (10 track days). Their symmetrical design let's me flip them on the wheels to get more life out of them. I really need more camber, and plan to have Vorshlag camber plates installed by next season.

Last edited:

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Will probably try out my new tires this weekend at buttonwillow! Just wondering if any of you guys rub while on track? Already dealt with fender screw mod, I still rub on really hard cornering. No fender (metal) damage - seems like the liner inside is eroding though, I'm just wondering if I should just deal with it or raise my ride height maybe 1/4 of an inch? I went from michelin supersport 18/40/235 to falken 18/40/225 but still rubbing

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Will probably try out my new tires this weekend at buttonwillow! Just wondering if any of you guys rub while on track? Already dealt with fender screw mod, I still rub on really hard cornering. No fender (metal) damage - seems like the liner inside is eroding though, I'm just wondering if I should just deal with it or raise my ride height maybe 1/4 of an inch? I went from michelin supersport 18/40/235 to falken 18/40/225 but still rubbing

Did you roll your front fenders? Maybe your wheel width + offset poke out too much? :iono:

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Nope. Never rolled em. I’m on neuspeed rse12. I guess I’ll just let my plastic liners keep eroding :D. I attempted to raise my ride height but didn’t realize I don’t have the wrench to adjust, I thought the forum member who sold me my coil overs gave me one but I was mistaken. wasn’t sure if I could do it by hand but didn’t try. Oh well

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
ebuuz;2617729 Nope. Never rolled em. I’m on neuspeed rse12. I guess I’ll just let my plastic liners keep eroding :D. I attempted to raise my ride height but didn’t realize I don’t have the wrench to adjust said:
Can you post a pic of how low your car is?

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Can you post a pic of how low your car is?

Just finished first session. A little rusty :) lots of rubbing on hard cornering but nothing out of the norm. Had an alignment and ride height set up by a local guy. He said because of the body lines on the GTI, it looks like the rear is lower than the front but it’s actually even.