GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
how does no one have any actual advice on this?

(Aside from dasvdub)

Antimatter

Ready to race!
I mean you could, but with FWD I would never race from a dig. But if you do, just floor it and go with the max RPM it allows, which is a little over 3,000.

I've only used launch control when trying to get a good 0-60.

APR Stage 2 plus an interior that's superior.

ClaytonBrown

Ready to race!
I mean you could, but with FWD I would never race from a dig. But if you do, just floor it and go with the max RPM it allows, which is a little over 3,000.

I've only used launch control when trying to get a good 0-60.

APR Stage 2 plus an interior that's superior.

Gunna run some tests tomorrow, but my theory is if I only rev to 2000 I might not burn the tires too badly... Would love to find an rpm that doesnt burn them at all though. Figured someone may have mastered that by now if it's possible.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Yes. They're slow

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

They're all heavy AF, so in turn they're all slow AF... lol

So stage 2/2+ is the sweet spot to beat them. Nice to know.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Pulled a 350z pretty hard. Got in front of him in fast lane after he was swerving around traffic to catch up to me so I gunned it and after falling back a bus length he crosses 5 lanes and got off at the exit??

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Pulled a 350z pretty hard. Got in front of him in fast lane after he was swerving around traffic to catch up to me so I gunned it and after falling back a bus length he crosses 5 lanes and got off at the exit[emoji23][emoji23]

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod [emoji6]

Love when they do that lol or the famous left/right turn at the next available light/street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Got off the exit with an infinity q60s and right before we pulled up to the light it turned green and we were in different lanes, so we both floored it after the turn. It was probably like a 25 mph roll and I was in 3rd gear and he could just barely keep up, and then he gave up.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
Usually don't post about this stuff, but I thought it was an interesting one since nobody actually races these damn things...

Current model IS350 almost jumps out into the lane in front of me and I blare on the horn...Got to the light and was about to turn onto the access road and he's on my ass HARD. I drove normally and he was on it before I even straightened back out. Punched it and he stayed a car and a half behind me up till about 110 and I let off and he flew by. Pulled up behind him to show off my freshly installed euro plate "EuraB!tch" LOL.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Came across a brand new STI on the freeway this morning, we jockeyed traffic a bit, he ended up a few cars in front of me and got an opening and took off. I finally got an opening and took off to catch up. Once I get about 2 bus lengths behind him, I'm doing about 80 at this point trying to catch up, he goes WOT so I put it to the floor. Took it way faster than I normally would...I really don't like going that fast, even on what turned into an empty freeway, but by 135 I had gone from 2 bus lengths back to 2 cars back and I was still pulling ever so slightly (like, really crawling). If I had another 1/2 a mile to go, I might have passed him...MAYBE...but I don't honestly know, it seemed to have evened out pretty well.

Despite not lining up side by side, probably the closest race I've had yet.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Came across a brand new STI on the freeway this morning, we jockeyed traffic a bit, he ended up a few cars in front of me and got an opening and took off. I finally got an opening and took off to catch up. Once I get about 2 bus lengths behind him, I'm doing about 80 at this point trying to catch up, he goes WOT so I put it to the floor. Took it way faster than I normally would...I really don't like going that fast, even on what turned into an empty freeway, but by 135 I had gone from 2 bus lengths back to 2 cars back and I was still pulling ever so slightly (like, really crawling). If I had another 1/2 a mile to go, I might have passed him...MAYBE...but I don't honestly know, it seemed to have evened out pretty well.

Despite not lining up side by side, probably the closest race I've had yet.

You would've won, I slapped one of those new model STIs around the other day and an evo right after the STI quickly changed lanes to exit. It was my first time trying out stage 2 against you know faster cars and I was really surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk