GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

chino246

Ready to race!
Hey guys

I work for the Fire Department here in South Florida. Us Firefighter's are known for busting eachothers balls about things we do, things we say and the cars we drive.

Most Firefighters have Trucks (which I used to have also) but I live far from most stations and i wanted a quick car that looked sporty, got good MPG and had 4 doors (as I have 2 kids) both in car seats might I add... I have some guys that ask if I got my car for my sweet 16's or "When did daddy buy you that car, Graduation?" etc...lol

That got me thinking the other day. How many females actually drive mk6 GTI's? From what I see in the forum and on the street it's more of a guys car...

Any ladies in the forum??

That is all....:thumbup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think guys are much more likely to be on a car forum... prob at least 20 to 1 ratio of car forum ppl are guys vs girls.

That said I see a lot of girls in GTIs as well.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
It's a "cute" car, but it's definitely a guy's car. You'll be more likely to find chicks driving mustangs and trucks than driving a gti.

You don't need a "big truck" to prove you've got big balls.

toddnick

Passed Driver's Ed
Man, I love the Interlagos seats.....but they aren't exactly a testostrone inspired design....

Many guys who are into performance cars would be put-off by them I'd imagine....

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Those jackasses that say that are under the false stereotypes that all Vee Dubs are chick cars. I'm sure they (and you) would disagree that some stereotypes are untrue, such as the one about firefighters being womanizing, egotistical douches. Or that those that drive big trucks are compensating for something below the belt. (not calling out firefighters btw)

Your car kicks ass, and that's all that matters!

Also, I see a few girls driving around in GTIs but so far none have acknowledged another GTI next to them. Like xHeartcoreboyx said, it's a cute car. So what?

livefast

Ready to race!
I get compliments from girls on my GTI all the time. It's definitely way more of a guy's car, but I know a couple girls who have them or want them.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Real men don't care what other people say about their manhood. Just saying.

(I've noticed way more men than women driving GTIs. More women seem to drive Golfs/Rabbits, so 50/50 for those?)

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I work as a bus mechanic. I'm the only guy that drives a car vs a truck.

I'm also the only one there that doesn't cry constantly about gas killing their budgets.

Plus mine is way more fun to drive!

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much any hatchback can be called a chick car, but I don't think the GTI is very girly. Too performance oriented for that. Dudes with their big trucks calling the GTI a chick car is only a reflection of their own insecurity as a male IMO.

Mr. Skinny

Ready to race!
As "cute" as the car is, I will say that the MKVI's look much more aggressive than MKV's. This leads me to my next question..does aggressive mean manly?
Interesting.

I always thought that the MKV was the most aggressive looking front end, though I'm really pleased with the look of my MKVI.

Different strokes I suppose.

Edited to add: Maybe I misread. If you are talking total body style, then I'm in agreement.

chino246

Ready to race!
Yea don't get me wrong. I love my car and can care less with what these guys say. They're idiots anyways. All I get from people is compliments on the car. I just haven't seen any women in GTI's (atleast not in South Florida).