GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RallyWagen Slammed To The Arctic Roadtrip - with Jamie Orr

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

We teamed up with Jamie Orr to send an old pre-production Jetta Sportwagen on a cross-country adventure from the exotic Wadsworth, Ohio to the Arctic Circle. This is going to be the "ultimate test of a street shield", from ECS to Black Forest Industries, down to APR, over to Pikes Peak, a few extra stops, then finally to the Arctic Circle. The car will be riding low the entire time to put our ECS Street Shield to the ultimate test.

"I'm finally sharing info about my biggest adventure yet, the ECS Tuning RallyWagen Arctic Circle Challenge... which starts on June 19.. Driving a modified car 8,000+ miles to the Arctic Circle in 15 days.

ECS Tuning challenged me to test their line of Street Shield Skid Plates, and in my normal silly fashion, I came up with a pretty stupid plan to do so. Working with ECS, and with the help of friends at Liqui Moly, KW Suspension, and some other awesome companies that will be announced shortly, it looks like it’s really about to happen!

I knew about a beautiful pre-production Jetta Sportwagen that had been sitting forgotten in a warehouse, which seemed like a perfect vehicle to further modify and drive to the Arctic Circle. But instead of going directly there, I want to really make it interested, by modifying the car on a route across the USA and Canada. While covering a crazy 8,000+ miles in only a 15 day timeline, the car will be upgraded and lowered closer to the ground, with bigger wheels, and other performance parts installed.

Myself and camera-whiz Jeremy from ECS will start in Ohio, and head south to visit some friends and companies. We’ll then drive west to Pikes Peak, to watch Volkswagen complete in the famous race, before heading to California via Vegas to visit KW. Then it’s directly north, to the Dalton Highway, a 400 mile stretch of gravel that reaches to the Arctic Ocean."

- Jamie Orr

Testing before they left:

First quick pit stop:

Follow us and Jamie Orr on Facebook and Instagram for behind the scenes footage, updates, and stop info

First Stop:
Black Forest Industires
Date - Time: 6/20/2018 6:00am-8:00am

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i didn't see a jack in that hardware you're hauling....in for deets!

Good luck!