GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Vag-com

1FastGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Please help!! What cable to buy? Should I buy 3rd party? Does anyone close have one? :confused:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I have this and completely regret it. The micro-can has very low resolution when logging data. Only get this if you just want to tweak setting.

Are you saying the Hex-CAN is better for logging?

It seems to me that most people don't do much logging, they tweak and go along with their stock or stage 1/2 tune.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

It seems to me that most people don't do much logging, they tweak and go along with their stock or stage 1/2 tune.

Yes. I am definitely saying that hex>micro for logging. Like 500% more data points.

Logging comes in handy on any tune if you want to find out exactly how your cr is running or if you want to compare something like MAF after a new intake or intake temps after a new IC, for example. Great tool for data.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I am definitely saying that hex>micro for logging. Like 500% more data points.

Logging comes in handy on any tune if you want to find out exactly how your cr is running or if you want to compare something like MAF after a new intake or intake temps after a new IC, for example. Great tool for data.

Okay, just never saw that data presented anywhere, they always pitch the HEX+CAN as backward and more Audi Compatible.

I know all about logging, I used to tune LS motors. :)

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I really like the HEX+CAN myself and if anyone I know with a older model needs some help I can lend a hand too

RocknRoll

Passed Driver's Ed

That's true until you have an issue. Then if you contact the tuning company(apr/giac etc) they'll have you run certain data logs to help narrow down the issue and troubleshoot. In large part the logging doesn't happen on a more frequent basis because the tunes out are pretty reliable and worry free...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
That's true until you have an issue. Then if you contact the tuning company(apr/giac etc) they'll have you run certain data logs to help narrow down the issue and troubleshoot. In large part the logging doesn't happen on a more frequent basis because the tunes out are pretty reliable and worry free...

Yep, canned tunes are usually pretty safe.

1FastGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a couple of quick changes.buying one but need full logging capabilities plan on going big with my .:R :) and so far from what I've gathered the hex-can is what I need. I had all this for my 02' r32 but like a dumba*$ sold it but is also a diff generation car so.....

1FastGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed

What do you mean 1/2 tune?

76ark

Please help!! What cable to buy? Should I buy 3rd party? Does anyone close have one? :confused:

I bought a cheapo cable from China and it worked to disable ESC and enable windows up/down with the key fob, etc. It's really only good for is simple changes IMHO. I plan to buy the hex can from ross-tech soon to do some logging.