GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilovers not lowering, HELP!!

milfdoer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone! I just recently bought a pair of Solo Werks coilovers and had them installed about two weeks ago. Didn't slam the car all the way down just so I could give them time to adjust. I also had the strut mounts and bearings replaced with some Febi ones.

Well I finally tried to lower the front the other day but the passenger side wont go any lower than 63.1 cm FTG (24.8 in) with only 2-3 threads left to go down. The driver side did get lower but I adjusted it to 63.2 cm FTG (24.8 in) to match the passenger side.

I already checked the struts to make sure they were seated all the way down on the spindle/knuckle and they are.

Anybody have some ideas of what could be the problem? Is there any pre-adjustments that had to be done before installing them? Also, these are the model that don't come with the helper springs, just in case someone was going to mention that.

Here are some pics of both sides for reference. Thanks

Passenger side
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vwdork/shares/02PA11

Driver side
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vwdork/shares/vnUiLL

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Were you just expecting them to be lower, is the problem? :iono:

They're installed correctly and that's how I've always had them installed (max'd out on the passenger side & then more threads left on the driver's side) for them to be even

They're running the similar style springs as the ST's & KW's...and those don't go the lowest. Whereas the previous version of the Solo's had the super short springs & helper springs and did go lower.
They might settle A LITTLE. But if you're not happy, look for a different set of coilovers (H&R Ultra Lows?)

You get what you pay for btw

milfdoer

Passed Driver's Ed
Well that just makes things a little more reassuring. I wasn't sure if they were defective or not. I thought the threads would be even on both sides or close to it. I like the height, but I did expect them to go lower since they do claim to go as low as 12 in from the center of the hub to the fender. I'm closer to 13 in.