GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Autobahn Package" sports seats vs Interlago cloth seats

socalsteve

Hi all,

Just curious beyond the material itself and the headrests, are there any differences between the sports leather seats that come with the "Autobahn Package" and the Interlago cloth seats?

My dealer said that they can turn the cloth seats into leather ones and I am wondering if there is an actual difference between the seats (shape or otherwise) themselves.

Oh, I realize that there are a bit of extra "power" features with the "Autobahn package" seats, Im more interested in the shape of them or anything else that may be different.

As always, thank you all in advance,

Steve

PS: If your dealer offered this leather upgrade to you, please tell me how much they wanted-did charge you for it. Thanks!

hockeydad2000

Yes, they are different shaped seats.

My wife and I found both types of seats to be very comfortable, so we went with the cloth and put the savings toward the NAV system.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Your lucky hockey that not getting leather = Nav.

For me it would be practically no features if I wanted to get Nav.

Aussie3318

I agree with hockeydad, although you really should try both out for yourself. I personally prefer the leather seats because of the material (and I really dislike the plaid covers, sorry), although I test drove one two days ago with the cloth seats and was really surprised at how comfortable and supportive they were. If it weren't for the plaid, I might even consider saving my money on the leather upgrade because I was so pleased with the comfort of the cloth.

Alex.

Ready to race!
Both are very comfortable, they are actually the most ergonomic seats I have ever sat in. I got the leather because of the nicer shape, and so there is not too much dust build up inside of the seat.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
I got the cloth seats; just like the way they look. They hold me in place well enough and more bolstering could end up being less comfortable on longer drives. There is also a difference between the MK5 and MK6 seat designs.

Not sure if the MK5's are a bit wider or if the bolsters are somewhat softer, but they had a little more wiggle room if you are a bigger person.