GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Andrew429

Ready to race!
New timing chain, tensioner and rails put in over the weekend, finally have the peace of mind

pdan

Ready to race!
Finally got back to driving her after being gone for over a month. Feels amazing after driving bland rental appliances. Now planning my Black Friday list. Already dreading how much I’m going to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJC

Ready to race!
Had JL Audio 400/4v2 amplifier installed to power Focal Integration speakers, thus finishing my custom audio project. Kenwood 6905s head unit. Alpine 600 watt mono sub amp powers a 10” JL Audio sub enclosure. Dynaudio amp only powers the rear speakers now.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Had JL Audio 400/4v2 amplifier installed to power Focal Integration speakers, thus finishing my custom audio project. Kenwood 6905s head unit. Alpine 600 watt mono sub amp powers a 10” JL Audio sub enclosure. Dynaudio amp only powers the rear speakers now.

Pics.....:clap:

pdan

Ready to race!
Installed my OEM front lip for the second time. Hopefully correctly this time. Regardless it’s way more secure then it was before. I think it looks pretty decent for a quick rattle can job. I’ll probably have it professionally done when I get R side skirts

Macca 01

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed new black washer bottle cap and new coolant black cap to get rid of the awful blue ones , a GFB-t9351 dv+ to future proof the OE version and then some R8 coil packs to finish off my coffee break.

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed

Painted diffuser, side skirt and splitter edges to add some red detail. Ordered some vinyl from Vvivid during their sale. Excited to put a thought into action. Next, time to save up for some better looking tail lights.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Put the OEM rims back on for the winter with a brand new set of Falken G5 all seasons. It’s like I’m riding on a cloud compared to the 255 Hankook RS-4’s I had on all summer.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion

Painted diffuser, side skirt and splitter edges to add some red detail. Ordered some vinyl from Vvivid during their sale. Excited to put a thought into action. Next, time to save up for some better looking tail lights.

Looks great!!!

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Well got the P2015 and my intake manifold is not covered under and "extended warranty" what it was is a "service campaign" covered under select VINs. Which mine is not part of. I'm having my mechanic take care of it and a carbon cleaning and keeping the receipt in hopes of a future where VW says oh our bad and reimburses me like the water pump.
I took the car into the stealership hoping it was under warranty but since it wasn't had to pay a $134 "diagnostic fee" and wait 2.5 hours for them to look up my VIN. I did get a "complimentary" car wash though so that's something. They quoted me $1300 for intake replacement and carbon clean.
Really why would anyone go to the dealership? I really wish I had a dealership like the Pasadena CA one people rave about. My indie guy though is charging me $875 for intake manifold swap and carbon cleaning and is taking pictures for me to share with you fine folks.

I had the same thing happen on my '14, got the dreaded P2015. I knew beforehand something was up, gas mileage was dropping, the car would shudder and surge if I engaged the cruise control; the manifold was definitely messed up. I didn't go to the stealership, though, I'm done with them. The car is at 87k right now.

Submit it to VWOA. They might cover the cost of the part. Mileage?

Maybe. I kind of doubt it. I called VWOA myself before I had a shop do the repair, but like Boscogn above, they said it wasn't covered, my vin wasn't part of the campaign. Told me to keep receipts for 'future possibilites.' uh huh. Whatever. I changed the oil as well, right after the IM change and carbon clean so he runs like a watch now.