GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-26-2018, 06:06 AM   #1807
Stock-GTI
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisharr View Post
Trying to do my log today for the MAF cal, but I cant for the life of my find any "Accelerator Pedal Position" option in my logging parameters, have scrolled through multiple times now, that parameter doesn't exist in my car for some reason. Have looked for alternatives too like Throttle position and stuff but nothing that sounds right. Perhaps something to do with being a DSG not manual? Anyone else have this, can I still send my logs away without it? Figure I would ask here before contacting Stratified as they are often swamped and I wana get this log done on my day off later in the week!
Should be labeled APP on the List.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #1808
ce4
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI CSG DSG
Just recently changed over to the Stage 1 93 tune I got from Stratified. Butt dyno is registering moar power...however i've noticed there is a bit more lag than the 91. No CELs. Should this be expected or is there anything I should be checking on?
ce4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #1809
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ce4 View Post
Just recently changed over to the Stage 1 93 tune I got from Stratified. Butt dyno is registering moar power...however i've noticed there is a bit more lag than the 91. No CELs. Should this be expected or is there anything I should be checking on?
Depends, they max have used more timing and less boost sp you making power but doesnt feel like its boosting you in the seat. Just check logs and compare. Check load actual and see if the car is making more load.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #1810
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ce4 View Post
The 93 octane tune may give higher peak torque a little later in the RPM band, which makes it "feel laggier." Or, if they used a little more boost in the 93 octane tune, it should feel like it takes longer to get to the peak torque, because it does take longer to get there, because you have to create more boost, which takes more time.
APR Stage 2 v2.4, Carbonio, Cast Downpipe | PTP Turbo Blanket | GFB DV+ | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport Deadset | BFI Stage 1 Mounts | SuperPro Offset LCA Bushings | Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8 et45 | Michelin PSS 245/35R18

Future: Something other than APR tune
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 AM   #1811
davisharr
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock-GTI View Post
Should be labeled APP on the List.
Thank you that was it! Logs sent!
Old 06-27-2018, 12:39 AM   #1812
RaySkodaTSI
Autocross Champion

Drives: Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI 6MT (Mk2) K04
Anything for a 1.8TSI Gen 2 with K04?
RaySkodaTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #1813
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySkodaTSI View Post
Anything for a 1.8TSI Gen 2 with K04?
I don't think Cobb makes an Accessport for that model. Stratified tunes through the Cobb AP.
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #1814
ce4
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI CSG DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Depends, they max have used more timing and less boost sp you making power but doesnt feel like its boosting you in the seat. Just check logs and compare. Check load actual and see if the car is making more load.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
The 93 octane tune may give higher peak torque a little later in the RPM band, which makes it "feel laggier." Or, if they used a little more boost in the 93 octane tune, it should feel like it takes longer to get to the peak torque, because it does take longer to get there, because you have to create more boost, which takes more time.
Awesome!! I'll check logs and see if anything stands out.

More torque = moar time...makes sense
ce4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #1815
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI APR K04
I currently am APR K04 with APR's tune. If I switch to a stratified tune, do i need to have my ECU flashed back to stock?
2013 Red MK6 DSG. APR K04 v3.2. APR DSG tune, Cobb turboback exhaust. Eurojet Intercooler, AWE TOP, ECS TB Pipe, ECS Spherical Dogbone mount and Spulen insert(street). ECS Motor and Tranny mounts. MFactory LSD, ECS Catch Can, Neuspeed RSe12 Wheels, Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18 Tires.
fuelforfire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #1816
smanierre

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelforfire87 View Post
I currently am APR K04 with APR's tune. If I switch to a stratified tune, do i need to have my ECU flashed back to stock?
Nope, once you install the accessport and flash the tune it will overwrite the APR tune
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:47 PM   #1817
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI APR K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Nope, once you install the accessport and flash the tune it will overwrite the APR tune

So once I overwrite the APR tune there would be no going back other than going to an APR dealer and having them reflash the ECU?
2013 Red MK6 DSG. APR K04 v3.2. APR DSG tune, Cobb turboback exhaust. Eurojet Intercooler, AWE TOP, ECS TB Pipe, ECS Spherical Dogbone mount and Spulen insert(street). ECS Motor and Tranny mounts. MFactory LSD, ECS Catch Can, Neuspeed RSe12 Wheels, Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18 Tires.
fuelforfire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #1818
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelforfire87 View Post
So once I overwrite the APR tune there would be no going back other than going to an APR dealer and having them reflash the ECU?
Correct
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:39 PM   #1819
smanierre

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Correct
What if he is the original purchaser and has proof? Not sure but you could try and say something along the lines of the dealer put it back to stock somehow
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM   #1820
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
What if he is the original purchaser and has proof? Not sure but you could try and say something along the lines of the dealer put it back to stock somehow
You still own a license to the apr software for your car so all you have to do is pay the tuners labor fee which is usually only about $50. You don't have to buy the tune again, but you do have to go back and have it flashed again.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote