GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just ordered some summer rubber

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Conti DW here. I can't comment on the wear vs stock pirellis because K04 is eating the DWs. Stage 1 was gentle on the pirellis.

JhnR

Banned
Hankook V12's here. Pretty sticky..but on the softer side.

fender177

Ready to race!
Why dont people get oem pirelli p zero? Mine is at 40k miles and still got 5/32 left.

Can't see your sig to see if you're tuned because I'm using tapatalk. Pirellis were fine until I got tuned. Now they are just not a viable option.

dwagner88

Ready to race!
My stock Pirellis lasted about 8000 :)

So far, put about 6000 on my PSS and they are fine...

Stupid FL roads... too many stoplights and little turns. It's like a drag strip at every light.
That's insane. Mine were shot at 36k. I don't do burnouts but I do many mountain backroad trips.

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
nitto nt-05 (worth a shot, better than stock rubber)

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Why dont people get oem pirelli p zero? Mine is at 40k miles and still got 5/32 left.

Because they're shit. I might order those PSS and get a set of rims for them later.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!

These. Over and over again.

On my second set (previously bought them when I had my Passat 3.6)

Have a "friend" who tends to have a waterfall of diarrhea pour out his mouth any time he talks, and he tried to tell me his Hankook Ventus V12's were a far better tire than my DW's and my friend's Pilot Super Sports.

I would have taken him for a ride, but I didn't want to clean my carpets afterward.

fender177

Ready to race!
These. Over and over again.

On my second set (previously bought them when I had my Passat 3.6)

Have a "friend" who tends to have a waterfall of diarrhea pour out his mouth any time he talks, and he tried to tell me his Hankook Ventus V12's were a far better tire than my DW's and my friend's Pilot Super Sports.

I would have taken him for a ride, but I didn't want to clean my carpets afterward.

This made me LOL. People that run their mouths man...

My fiancé has a set of the conti dw's, and they were a HUGE improvement over her stock Hakook's. But, she also only has a 2.5 Jetta, so ya know. She also put some coilovers on there, lowered it, tinted it and bought some nice vmrs. We're getting married in May hahaha

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Can't see your sig to see if you're tuned because I'm using tapatalk. Pirellis were fine until I got tuned. Now they are just not a viable option.

Lolz... I'm stock and they really aren't even that fine. They're expensive too. They do seem like a decent tire if you need all seasons though, mine seem to be wearing well.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
My stock Pirellis lasted about 8000 :)

So far, put about 6000 on my PSS and they are fine...

Stupid FL roads... too many stoplights and little turns. It's like a drag strip at every light.

Whoa, what were you doing to those tires? I am at 12K on my Pirellis and they still have more than half their life left (unfortunately).

oatzel

Ready to race!
nitto nt-05 (worth a shot, better than stock rubber)

So sticky. I gave up on them though because I was only getting about 7500 miles on them with mostly freeway driving on my old avant.

I'm running the Ventus v12 on my new wheels

GlfSprtCT1

Go Kart Champion
So sticky. I gave up on them though because I was only getting about 7500 miles on them with mostly freeway driving on my old avant.

I'm running the Ventus v12 on my new wheels

thats fine, they're summer rubber anyways. if i dont like them, ill try something else next year.

fender177

Ready to race!
Michelin PSSs showed up today! I've never had a real set of summer tires before. Reading a little bit online, it sounds like I'll have to break them in.

About how many miles do you break your tires in for? I'm guessing breaking these in just means gentle driving? I'm probably going to wait a couple of weeks to put them on - weather keeps switching from spring temps to winter temps, so no point in putting them on just yet.