GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
^ Those 245's up there have me jelly. I want to do the same but afraid mpg's will plummet, plus I'd need new wheels. I run 235/45/17's already though, what do I have to lose? lol

Dropped the car off today for water pump under warranty and carbon cleaning :cool:

CadMan

Ready to race!
Got a letter in the mail from VWOC finance saying my 0% loan is paid in full. My baby is all mine so I gave her a celebratory bath... Woohoo no more payments and 60,000km of warranty left. :thumbup:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
^ Those 245's up there have me jelly. I want to do the same but afraid mpg's will plummet, plus I'd need new wheels. I run 235/45/17's already though, what do I have to lose? lol

Dropped the car off today for water pump under warranty and carbon cleaning :cool:

Well if your set up ends up lighter than stock, which is VERY easy, lol i would imagine your mpg's would only improve. :thumbsup: mine came in at 6 pounds lighter overall, but i havent checked what my mpg's have been doing. Too distracted by the grip. :D

Cleaned my filthy air filter, and some more VCDS tweaks. XDS setting 2, ESC delete added, fogs on with high beams. Havent gone for a test drive yet though..

RadioCrawler

My HELLA cherries came in today.

JerZyT28

Passed Driver's Ed
went 15% all around, then tried and successfully failed at getting a tint waiver...apparently i never documents my history with migraines so i was told to wear sunglasses in the sun...damn military doctors..

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Well if your set up ends up lighter than stock, which is VERY easy, lol i would imagine your mpg's would only improve. :thumbsup: mine came in at 6 pounds lighter overall, but i havent checked what my mpg's have been doing. Too distracted by the grip. :D

Cleaned my filthy air filter, and some more VCDS tweaks. XDS setting 2, ESC delete added, fogs on with high beams. Havent gone for a test drive yet though..

Well, my wheels now are ~21lbs vs ~28lb Detroits. I don't think I'll lose much more overall weight between an even lighter wheel and bigger tire. My biggest concern with mpg is increased drag, but now after doing some research I found that running a bigger/wider tire can actually IMPROVE rolling resistance which offsets the increase in drag. You learn something new every day.

Brendon

Ready to race!
Spent the evening trying to get scratches out of the rear bumper because my friend was careless in removing a 98 lb shelving system out of the hatch and dragged it across the rear bumper... Yup... No luck:mad:

kennega

Ready to race!
Oil change, replaced oil return gasket, tossed on O2 sensor spacers. Now to get programming changed/updated from APR and attempt to pass inspection....

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
rear seat delete! now to figure out what I wanna carpet it with...did the trunk cover in white ultrasuede a while ago but it stains way too easy