GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Lighting Lap time

Artysta

Ready to race!
The mk7 looks way more aggressive, sportier and modern. It also drives alot better. I don't mind the fact that the tank is smaller as i pay about $10-15 less every time i fill up and I get almost identical distance for less money :) Haha how can you say that a lower, wider gti looks more like a crossover than a taller shorter mk6.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Few days ago was the first time I saw MK7 in person, I did not like it at all. It looked awesome in photos, but in person, it looks way too long! It almost looks more like a caravan than a hatch back.
I've found the opposite. It looks much longer in pics to me. In person it looks about the same length as an Mk6 (because it is).

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I saw a MK7 GTI at the track the other day. Personally I like the exterior. Looks a bit more modern than the MK6, but my wife could barely tell the difference. She didn't think it was worth the $10-15k to trade-in (had to try at least once lol).

Jaber

Modero
I saw a MK7 GTI at the track the other day. Personally I like the exterior. Looks a bit more modern than the MK6, but my wife could barely tell the difference. She didn't think it was worth the $10-15k to trade-in (had to try at least once lol).

Someone parked a CW MK7 GTI next to me few weeks ago. My wife was like "ooohh... it's nice.... think we need to trade mine in" :laugh:

Jaber

Modero
Nice you going to do it!?

I've thought about it.

But realistically it wouldn't be an ideal transaction. We bought our cars at the same time last year, brand new. After she drove my GTI. She wanted one. But she wanted fully loaded, GTI AB was way out of price range, so she ended up liking a leftover GLI AB. We traded her 2yr old Jeep with 13k or so miles :lol:

That and we're having a baby in Jan. We might end up trading the GLI for a JSW or possibly CUV/SUV in the future. She's starting to like wagons now. But for now, we're probably just going to put Stage 1 on her car in the Spring.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
None of my friends can tell the difference. My girlfriend hates the MK7. Oh well, gotta wait another generation. :iono:

Artysta

Ready to race!
None of my friends can tell the difference. My girlfriend hates the MK7. Oh well, gotta wait another generation. :iono:

Your friends might need to get their eye sight checked out.
Aesthetically the mk7 gti is to the mk6 gti what the BMW 2 series is to the 1 series.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Played around with a mk7 the other morning. Red. It's alright. Not much of a change in my eyes. Personally I think it has less personality than a mk6, mostly due to the sight lines. Mk6 has the more iconic profiles.

butchered by autocorrecr

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've thought about it.

But realistically it wouldn't be an ideal transaction. We bought our cars at the same time last year, brand new. After she drove my GTI. She wanted one. But she wanted fully loaded, GTI AB was way out of price range, so she ended up liking a leftover GLI AB. We traded her 2yr old Jeep with 13k or so miles :lol:

That and we're having a baby in Jan. We might end up trading the GLI for a JSW or possibly CUV/SUV in the future. She's starting to like wagons now. But for now, we're probably just going to put Stage 1 on her car in the Spring.

Congrats on the baby! Also Stage 1 sounds like a good idea. Should be quicker than a stock MK7, and much cheaper than trading in.

Jaber

Modero
Congrats on the baby! Also Stage 1 sounds like a good idea. Should be quicker than a stock MK7, and much cheaper than trading in.

Thanks mang. I'll be that guy, with a baby stroller at car meets :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So you're meaning to tell me a car with roughly the same power, same weight, same weight distribution and very similar engine/transmission and tires is roughly the same SPEED around a track?!

Holy shit... mind blown.

This actually made me :lol: