GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sold my GTI....I'm out.

spessx

Ready to race!
How much did they give you? Did you try the VW dealer first?

Carmax gave me $10k. Dealership offered $8.5k on trade. The car had 62k on it and was a stripped down 2 door with Xenon and a 6mt.

Edit: Oh and get this. I got my new R for 33k That's $2,500 below invoice!

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Wow, that's an impressive deal on the R! Congrats.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Carmax gave me $10k. Dealership offered $8.5k on trade. The car had 62k on it and was a stripped down 2 door with Xenon and a 6mt.

Edit: Oh and get this. I got my new R for 33k That's $2,500 below invoice!

Holy Crap that's an AWESOME deal! Did you get any of the "loyalty" credit that they have going right now?

spessx

Ready to race!
Holy Crap that's an AWESOME deal! Did you get any of the "loyalty" credit that they have going right now?

Yes. The company that I work for has a vendor agreement with VAG that gets me $500 below invoice. The VW dealer agreed to that + the $2000 loyalty bonus. So, $2500 under invoice total.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Grats man, enjoy the R.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
So after about 6 years on this site I'm leaving. I've sold my GTI and gotten a new car. Thanks for answering all of my questions.

The new ride was delivered last week:

Nice ride. I really want a R with DSG and DCC but I'm trying to wrap my head around $40k car payments.

I'm very jealous right now.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

spessx

Ready to race!
Great choice OP! Enjoy the new car.

Any mods planned?

This is a terrible thing to say, but no. I am tempted though.

Mods on my mk6 caused all sorts of issues - slipping clutch, ECU failure, coil pack failure, possibly early failure wheel bearings and driveability issues during the hot Texas summers.

I plan to keep this car all stock and keep it long term like my 2001 S2000.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
so jealous. supa hot

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
This is a terrible thing to say, but no. I am tempted though.

Mods on my mk6 caused all sorts of issues - slipping clutch, ECU failure, coil pack failure, possibly early failure wheel bearings and driveability issues during the hot Texas summers.

I plan to keep this car all stock and keep it long term like my 2001 S2000.

Ouch ECU failure for you too? How many miles...how bad was the damage?

Congrats on the R!

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
Yes. The company that I work for has a vendor agreement with VAG that gets me $500 below invoice. The VW dealer agreed to that + the $2000 loyalty bonus. So, $2500 under invoice total.

Wow really? My company has that too but it explicitly says the $500 under invoice discount doesn't apply to the Golf R. Maybe I should stop by the dealership on my way home today...