GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
The V1.2 Stage 1 software was usually around 270-275 wtq on 91. The new V2.x software is much closer to 300 wtq. I personally made 318wtq with all bolt ons but complete stock exhaust.

I think the V1.2 100 octane file was around 300 wtq.

JT641

Banned
The V1.2 Stage 1 software was usually around 270-275 wtq on 91. The new V2.x software is much closer to 300 wtq. I personally made 318wtq with all bolt ons but complete stock exhaust.

I think the V1.2 100 octane file was around 300 wtq.

That doesn't make sense?? That's about the same as what I did when I was stage 2 with all the bolt ons

Last edited:

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
But you were on the V1.2 software correct?

If you review a data log of V1.2 and then any of the 2.x files, you can see that the tuning strategy is different.

Last edited:

doofus

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2011 GTI with APR stage 1. Trying to get the 24AX update, but the service advisor told me to detune it back to stock first before getting the 24AX update.

Is that necessary!? He says if I don't, car could run worst...misfire etc

Can't I switch it back to stock, get the 24AX update then pay an APR dealer to reinstall?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I have a 2011 GTI with APR stage 1. Trying to get the 24AX update, but the service advisor told me to detune it back to stock first before getting the 24AX update.

Can't I switch it back to stock, get the 24AX update then pay an APR dealer to reinstall?

I asked about it in the APR thread when they released 2.0 and they said if you're having a problem get the update, but if everything is running fine then don't worry about it. I never bothered getting the factory update and my car has been running fine.

doofus

Passed Driver's Ed
I asked about it in the APR thread when they released 2.0 and they said if you're having a problem get the update, but if everything is running fine then don't worry about it. I never bothered getting the factory update and my car has been running fine.

In CA, DMV requires a certificate of fixing 24AX to register my car.
So, I need to find out if a detune is needed before the update.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
The update is good get it fixed my problems. They de-tuned me at the dealer. Then I went to my shop and they reloaded the K04 file and I was happy again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

Weird because it seems that people with APR tunes have different stories/experiences. I had mine done recently and consulted with two different VW dealers about it. Both service advisors told me the 24ax update completely wipes out the tune and you end up with the OEM tune once they finish the update. They never ask me which tune I was on. Both dealers simply stated my tune would be wiped out and I would need to have it re-flashed. But then you have a few APR tuned guys write that they had this update and their tune was not effected. :iono:

Go to a different VW dealer and ask them if the 24ax update will wipe out your tune but don't disclose which tune you have to see what they say.
Sux us kalifornians have to do this for registration renewals as I felt like it was just wasted time. :mad: BTW my tune is GIAC.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
If you get the VW dealer to flash the 24AX update (or any ECU update for that matter), it will ABSOLUTELY flash over ["wipe out"] your tune and will require a reflash back to the tuned file afterwards. Hope that helps.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Before I took mine in for the update, I switched my Uni Tune Stage 1 to stock file using my Uniconnect+ for about a week and drove it for at least a few hundred miles. Took it to the dealer and they did the update. It definitely wiped out the tune. Good thing is, it did not flag a TD1. Re-loaded my tune right after with no problems.

Type_RS_59

Ready to race!
Just had the 24AX update done this week while the car was in for another "service campaign" to replace the leaky water pump.

Car is a 2012 manual, stock except for GIAC Stage 1 which I reset to the stock tune before dropping it off.

While it was in the shop they noticed a long start (which neither my wife nor I had ever noticed) and replaced a fuel injector under warranty to fix that. Only other thing they did was replace a turbo cutoff valve seal that was leaking a tiny amount of oil.

Anyway, after picking the car up it feels much quicker on the stock tune than it ever has before. Even pulls all the way to redline instead of crapping out over 4K RPM like it always has with the stock tune.

Honestly, it feels more like the 2017 GTI Sport I test drove while I was there in terms of the overall power and power delivery throughout the rev range.

This makes me wonder a few things. Is the new stock tune actually better than the original? Will I not feel as much of a difference between stock and tuned when I have my GIAC Stage 1 redone? Or has the car always had a bad injector and my new Stage 1 will feel more like Stage 1.5?

Frankly I'm baffled.

davemanh2o

Passed Driver's Ed
If you get the VW dealer to flash the 24AX update (or any ECU update for that matter), it will ABSOLUTELY flash over ["wipe out"] your tune and will require a reflash back to the tuned file afterwards. Hope that helps.

hey john, would you recommend getting the ECM update then reflashing or is it not need if you're already tuned?