GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trip to SF > Monterey (visiting from East Coast)

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

I'll be visiting California next month and trying to find a sweet rental on Turo. Unfortunately, not many options available.

Anywho, I'm wondering if there is a suggested route to hitup on my way down to Monterey. I have a few hours and want to drive along the PCH and do a canyon run and maybe check out a cool lunch spot.

Any ideas?

BTW, car options are
'91 Miata
'14 Fiat 500 Abarth
'11 BMW 1 series (not sure if 135/128) =\
'08 GTI

Thanks!

nicovase

1. Go with the Miata
2. My favorite route is South on 101 (boring) until you hit SR152 West (Awesome) and then merge onto highway 1 from there and it's pure bliss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
1. Go with the Miata
2. My favorite route is South on 101 (boring) until you hit SR152 West (Awesome) and then merge onto highway 1 from there and it's pure bliss

Could you link me to it on google maps when you get a chance?

nicovase

I'll do my best. You could either take 280 -> 101 -> SR152 or just 101 the whole way to SR152. https://goo.gl/maps/hyYSHmPdrHn I think that's how you share directions. I had to add some waypoints to get the route I wanted since it's not the fastest all together

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
There are a lot of good runs near Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, Woodside.

Here is a video I made from one of our previous runs. It may be a little outside of the way, but is an incredible run. I can probably dig up the route if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6N7qcUyYkI

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Very cool!

What time do you suggest that I get out there and how long will it take to complete?

Leave from the start point at 7. Should take maybe 2-3 hours depending on how you drive.

Some areas can be a little treacherous so be careful. We normally go on the weekends and there are a lot of bikers. Not sure what it would look like on a weekday if that's when you decide to go.

We also normally stop at Pescadero beach to take pictures.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Ok, the Miata looks too far away and the Fiat seems bleh. I'm looking at a Corvette at the moment but that might be too much powa for those little roads.

Any routes that are better for higher HP?