GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What MPG are you guys getting?

somerset91

Ready to race!
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering what everyone's mileage is.

Car: 2013 2.5L with 6 speed auto, Eurojet exhaust, and Carbonio intake
Driving style: 75+ on highways, spirited on local roads (usually in tiptronic mode)
MPG: 28-29 MPG when it was 90% highway, 26 MPG when it's 50/50.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
There's an overall average on our MFD. So, in 70k miles, I've averaged 31.7mpg. I drive mostly two lane with some highway. Not much stop and go and I'm not in the city much.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I don't actually know/care but I did notice that my MPG / KmPG was higher by 10% when I did an axleback install of the GTI muffler.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The highest I've ever seen was 36.1.

I probably average about 27, but see 28-29 mpg a lot too.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
avg in the winter about 22 in the summer about 26 or 27

edit- lol i like that we all just replied in the 2.5 golf section cause we look at "new posts" instead of specific sections

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
avg in the winter about 22 in the summer about 26 or 27

edit- lol i like that we all just replied in the 2.5 golf section cause we look at "new posts" instead of specific sections

Whoops. I never look at specific sections lol

somerset91

Ready to race!
When people post km/mi per tank, the tank is a pretty unreliable measure. I fill mine before it gets to 1/4 empty, meaning I never do better than 300 miles. Anytime I see the gas light on other people's cars I start panicking a little

somerset91

Ready to race!
Also, I think the MFD overestimate highway MPG and underestimate city MPG. Whenever I reset the trip meter and go on a long highway drive I get 39 mpg and if it's only city miles since reset, 21 mpg. The most accurate measure is to fill your tank to the max each time, reset your trip, and then next time you fill up, divide trip miles by gallons of fuel filled

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
If you fill up at different gas stations ethanol content affects your gas mileage as well.

When people post km/mi per tank, the tank is a pretty unreliable measure. I fill mine before it gets to 1/4 empty, meaning I never do better than 300 miles. Anytime I see the gas light on other people's cars I start panicking a little
Good habit, saves your fuel pump as well.

I was in CA last year and find a gas station is the least of your problem in that state. Well except for driving on CA-1 near Big Sur.

550-600 kms per tank. 90% highway
If you fill up near empty like me , you may have gotten lucky and got the early "fun gearing" rather than the lazy a$$ "fuel efficient gearing" found in later models.

At 120km what is your RPM ?

Last edited:

cubeofsoup

2010 2.5L, bone stock using 87 octane; 26-27 mpg on 70/30 city/hwy. When I drive out to Syracuse from Rochester, I take backroads and smaller highways that are max 55mph limit, that gets me 33mpg at an avg of ~60mph. If I am driving to visit family in MA it's more like 28 mpg at ~70mph. The MA trip can vary a lot if it's a headwind or tailwind or heavy traffic. I've hit as high as 33mpg and low as 25mpg on that trip before.